TOOL - UK shows, 2024

What's Hot
I just got my presale tickets for the O2 gig on June 3rd.  :mrgreen: 

Yes, I've overpaid a little by signing up to the (otherwise pointless) 'TOOL Army' membership to get the access, but I bloody love this band and it'll be my third time seeing them. 

Is anyone else going along this time?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    edited November 2023
    How does presale work please? I pay the £50 to join and then that means I can definitely buy tickets? How much are tickets on top of the £50? 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4142
    edited November 2023
    @DefaultM - essentially yeah, but even then the presale is limited. When I looked earlier there were still a decent amount available but I figured the £50 overall is a small price to pay to near-guarantee getting seats rather than competing with the general sale or, even worse, scalpers.

I paid ~£140/seat for four tickets as I'll be going with some friends, plus the £50 for the membership/presale code.

*edit* Available presale tickets were anywhere from £75-450. I was almost tempted to pay the ~£230ea. for access to the soundcheck and some exclusive merch. until logic and reason got the better of me!
  • I saw them in Brum in 2022 on unsold tickets so I'll express suprise if all three UK dates sell out well in advance.
     The 2024 date is at Resorts World which is on the NEC site and easily accessible by train if people are coming from further afield (car parking will be about £17 and take an hour to get away so there's a lot to be said for getting the train there). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I fancied it but I'm fucked if I'm paying those prices. 
    I've been told that I've to pay it. I said its probably going to end up costing £350-£400 with fuel, parking and meals for 2 of us, but it doesn't matter apparently. She says we'd usually go away for a 3 day weekend for that price so why not this?
    I thought cos thats 3 days doing all sorts and this is likely going to be 2.5 hours of me getting annoyed with other people constantly getting up for beer and talking.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11824
    I'm a grumpy old qunt but there is no way I'd pay 50 sovs to get 'presales access' to ANY band these days.  I do think that's trading on fan loyalty.  That said, I hope it's worth your while @guitargeek62 and that you thoroughly enjoy it!
  • I got some through the o2 presale. think this will be 5th or 6th time seeing them. Theyre not as good as the ones 4th row back i got last year though!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • MaakMaak Frets: 81
    I got some okay-ish seats and they still cost £120 in total after I got ripped by fees.  They must be making a lot of £££ with those ticket prices!  I guess if people like me still pay, that's what they're going to charge.
    Offset said:
    I'm a grumpy old qunt but there is no way I'd pay 50 sovs to get 'presales access' to ANY band these days.  I do think that's trading on fan loyalty.  That said, I hope it's worth your while @guitargeek62 and that you thoroughly enjoy it!
    I struggle to disagree when you could join Livenation for free or get a £1 SIM card for 3 or o2 and still get presale.