SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Spares or Repairs M-audio bx8 a studiophile monitors

Strictly for those armed and dangerous with a soldering iron  =)

so on of the units suffered tweeter fizz yesterday 

so being well aware that’s these and many other monitors suffer with crap capacitors , I went in to look .
And yes they have leaked . Opened up the non fizzy one , and the same has happened .
pits a known issue and a known relatively simple fix with a clean up and new capacitors ( better ones!) bring these back to life.

I’ve taken out the first set for ease of identification, but loads of web pages about on the fix and what’s good to replace with .

normally I’m all over this , and would crack on myself . 

As they are awesome Monitors. 
I’m recovering from knee opp for next 3 months and can’t sit at a desk for longer than 5 mins in my leg brace as it’s locked straight .  :)

so I’m being treated to half the cost of a new set by er indoors  =)

anyone interested? 

Thought I’d post on here before eBay . 
As you an imagine post will be expensive , as would be sent in 2 parcels .

all the other parts are good , drivers cabs are lovely condition . And they do have a value due to parts being obsolete now , the tweets alone catching 30 quid 

anyway can hook up lots of pics if your intrested happy to trade or come to an agreeable price . Can be collected from sk23 

trades ….anything that works or is interesting  :3
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments