Guess who! (Yeah, its MDPhillips again)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    mike_l said:
    Although Frank, he did refuse to take onboard the advice he was freely given by several respectable luthiers and repair techs.
    Here's the thing: who listens to unsolicited advice?

What's the difference between unsolicited advice and critisism? There is one - to the giver at least, it's much harder for the reciever to discern.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

As I recall (and I can't be arsed to go find the thread) he rejected Octatonic suggesting that he should list to what others are saying, and learn from them. And he blatently rejected the good advice and said he knew more than those who've done the whole luthiery school, and learned how to do things properly.

The piss taking probably didn't help with him discerning the good advice though.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2380
    Agree with some of the others here, I think the MDPhillips threads have had enough air time. If anyone searches him out, they'll find the old content and can make their own minds up.

Might be worth locking this one and letting it gracefully fall off the front page?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes let's leave the guy alone please.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom