RIP Charlie Dominici

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10707
Oh no, the original singer of Dream Theater, Charlie Dominici, has died. What terribly sad news, he was a really lovely bloke and had an amazing voice :(
Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    I thought I recognised the name.  I've only got the first two DT albums, including the one he sang on...

Surprised to see he was 72 years old, almost a generation older than the rest of the band.

RIP
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    It surprises me that I never bought that first album. I was such a DT fanboy for a decade but I just didn't quite fancy an 'early' album with a different singer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MarchMarch Frets: 286
    Sad news. I managed to get into Dream Theater via When Dream and Day Unite about six months before Images and Words was released. His voice initially reminded a little of Geddy Lee's voice. His solo albums were excellent and worth checking out for fans of the genre.