Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What gig bags do you like?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28350
I want to get something for my current strat build. It doesn't need to be super strong/tough as my guitars generally stay at home. I'd rather get something nice looking than cheap & cheerful.

Anything out there that you like in particular?

Seen anything 'interesting' or different out there?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TGI Extreme gig bags for me
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72865
    I like Monos - my bass ones are probably my most-used items of music gear - but they're expensive and complete overkill for storing a guitar at home.

Fender used to do a nice one in black and maroon nylon with reflective strips on all the edging, but I think they've discontinued them now,

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I use Monos for gigging but I also have a Fender FE1225 for my Tele, and it’s an excellent gig bag. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3085
    I really like Rockbag and Tourtech. Both go for around £50 - £60
  • PRS SE for me. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9790
    TGI Extreme for me. A decent amount of padding and protection for not too much money.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12265
    HAL9000 said:
    TGI Extreme for me. A decent amount of padding and protection for not too much money.
    Seconded.
  • I would avoid those that have the potential to leave an unzipped gap at the bottom. I recently neglected to zip one of those up properly, and my Ibanez AZ2204 Prestige guitar slid out of the bottom and landed on some concrete. I guess I should have stuck with the hard case it came with.

It's not a competition.
  • I like the Monos.  Expensive but with my fairly light use pattern they'll last forever.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • You pay for what you get.. I have a couple of ‘brand’ ones where straps ends are torn off, seams split, etc.  

The aero case with my Taylor is nice.  Half way between a gig bag and hard case. 

• Big fan of Mono here. I’ve had my main one about 12 years and it’s in fantastic shape having been thrown in & out of cars, studios, venues etc plenty. 

I also have a Gruv Edge 2 which is good but not as good, but is fine for home for Fender-types and ok enough for gigging for the same. My thread comparing those is here:  https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/242055/gruv-gigblade-gigbags-sliver-and-edge-detailed-review-inside
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2365
    The PRS ones are quite good. My mate has one and it's very robust. Not much storage, but I don't think that is a bother for OP...
  • Got a Mono vertigo last year and its great. Padding is very secure, I like the neck support protector thing and the boot at the bottom as well in case you drop it vertically. Bit expensive but would rather have that than have to buy a new one every 2 years when the cheaper thinner ones break.
  • Protection Racket do some good gig bags. I have one, I think it’s a 7050. Semi-rigid sides, loads of padding, but not too heavy. I think it was around £70 or £80.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1902
    Mono Sleeve. 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Music Area - great protection / various levels and great value.
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Protection Racket do some good gig bags. I have one, I think it’s a 7050. Semi-rigid sides, loads of padding, but not too heavy. I think it was around £70 or £80.

Protection Racket gig bags are really good and great value. Made in Cornwall.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4314
    Jimbro66 said:
    Protection Racket do some good gig bags. I have one, I think it’s a 7050. Semi-rigid sides, loads of padding, but not too heavy. I think it was around £70 or £80.

Protection Racket gig bags are really good and great value. Made in Cornwall.
    I bought a PR case recently as is always been impressed with their drum cases. It's for an electric and it is very well padded indeed and feels well built.