Pedal kits

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• YorkieYorkie Frets: 1521
    Yorkie said:
    Fuzzdog is amazing. Other kit suppliers claim their docs are 'second to none', but to me Fuzzdog's are the absolute best. 
    I've 'grown' beyond using kits and am now designing my own circuits, perfboard layouts and building them, but I still get components from Fuzzdog and study his docs from time to time. Lee is also quick to help whenever you have a query. 
    It’s really nice to hear that - Lee’s a good friend and I’ve always been really impressed with how he’s grown Fuzzdog. Hope he won’t mind me saying but the reason the docs are so good is that we both worked for design agencies in Newcastle for years. 
    :+1: 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My advice is get proper lead solder, don’t mess with the lead-free stuff. That was a game-changer for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    Littlejonny said:
    My advice is get proper lead solder, don’t mess with the lead-free stuff. That was a game-changer for me.
    Yes! I like the 63/37 stuff as it hardens much quicker. 
  • Can anyone recommend a fuzzdog (or similar) for a low gain plexi type sound? More Hendrix and Kossoff rather than say, EVH
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1521
    There is a box of rock and a boostless box of rock. Last time I checked you could also add bassman mods to them. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• Yorkie said:
    There is a box of rock and a boostless box of rock. Last time I checked you could also add bassman mods to them. 
    What does the bass man mod do?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7927
    I bought a musket fuzz kit years ago, but never built it. 
    Happy to donate 
  • Yorkie said:
    What does the bass man mod do?
    Presumably makes it sound less like a JTM45 and more like the Tweed Bassman Jim Marshall based it on. ZVex do a "59 Sound" Bassman amp in a box pedal that I assume the mods bring the BOR kit in line with.

https://www.zvex.com/guitar-pedals/59-sound-vertical

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• So I’ve got an orange squeeze compressor for Christmas. Looking forward to having a go soon