Washburn D10SCE - help needed

What's Hot
supessupes Frets: 181
edited November 2023 in Acoustics
I have one, bought it a few years ago and it's sat in the original box un-played.

It's as-new condition, but all i have is the cardboard box it arrived in.

I play electric, hence why it's sat unplayed.

i want to move it on but have no idea of value.

Anybody clued up on what these go for?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5448
    I could buy a new one for $500 AUD, so used in good condition would be fair at $400ish. Prices are higher in the UK because of the high VAT rate, so say $450ish = £230. Advertise at £250, sell at £200.

• DavidRDavidR Frets: 742
    edited November 2023
    Info only. There is no VAT in the UK on second-hand pre-owned musical instruments. 

As for how to monetise an unwanted acoustic currently retailing for £300-£350? I should think the FB Acoustics £ section is worth a try.

Did you ever take it out of the box? If you didn't, any shop might take it off you, at large discount I should think. If you have taken it out of the box and it is truly 2nd hand - ?eBay ?Reverb ?Auction like Gardiner Houlgate down near Bristol (although if you live in the NE that's probably not helpful) ?Sell to a mate.

£200 would be a good price. I think £100-£150 would be more realistic in the current UK post-Covid market, which is somewhat depressed. Lots of people bought instruments during the Covid. Now everyone is a) back at work b) quite skint!

You will get good advice from others on tFB too.

Good Luck.

:-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5448
    DavidR said:
    Info only. There is no VAT in the UK on second-hand pre-owned musical instruments. 

No, but the UK's high VAT rate makes new instruments more expensive, which in turn pushes up the price of used ones.