Anyone dealt with Bass Bros (Leamington Spa)

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
They have quite a presence on Reverb and I'd not heard of them before. No reason to doubt them, but it would be nice to hear your experiences with them.

Ta!
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Excellent, there is something lovely there that I'd like if I get funds.

Thanks @fretmeister ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3311
    I've never heard of them but those reviews sound stellar.
  • Will is a nice guy to deal with, very genuine and trustworthy,
    just being nosy ,what was you thinking of getting 
    Riddim up
  • Will is a nice guy to deal with, very genuine and trustworthy,
    just being nosy ,what was you thinking of getting 
    I was thinking of getting a USA Stingray. Some beauties on there.

• I was thinking of getting a USA Stingray. Some beauties on there.
    I mainly play precisions and jazzes myself but yes he has got some nice stingrays at the moment, the black one looks good, I very nearly bought a grey sparkle 4HH a while back 
    Riddim up
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1950
    They do get their descriptions wrong, so I would double check spec.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
    edited December 2023
    Schnozz said:
    In what kind of way? There is a sliding scale of slightly wrong up to receiving a P-Bass when ordering a Stingray

I'm grateful for your post, I can't resist a bit of humour.

I can only ask them if the item has been modified/Is it Stock etc.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I was thinking of getting a USA Stingray. Some beauties on there.
    I mainly play precisions and jazzes myself but yes he has got some nice stingrays at the moment, the black one looks good, I very nearly bought a grey sparkle 4HH a while back 
    The 1998 Teal and the 2008 Natural are two of the most lovely looking.................................and then I'll change my mind to something else. Talking of HH, I may part with my Ray4 HH soon, although it really does play nice.
  • Great to deal with. From memory it might be cheeper to bank transfer payment. 
    Schnozz said:
    In what kind of way? There is a sliding scale of slightly wrong up to receiving a P-Bass when ordering a Stingray

They were advertising an Overwater J5 as having it's original Overwater pickups, but someone had clearly changed them. I asked them about it twice and they didn't answer, but if I'd paid and only discovered upon arrival, that would really piss me off.

I'd just check they haven't pulled the description form elsewhere.
  • Schnozz said:
    Schnozz said:

They were advertising an Overwater J5 as having it's original Overwater pickups, but someone had clearly changed them. I asked them about it twice and they didn't answer, but if I'd paid and only discovered upon arrival, that would really piss me off.

Thanks, that isn't good and they should know exactly what they are selling. I have asked after one Bass as to whether the pick up is original and they said yes.

Re the Overwater, I take it you could tell just by looking at it that the pick ups weren't original?
    edited December 2023
    Schnozz said:
    Schnozz said:

Thanks, that isn't good and they should know exactly what they are selling. I have asked after one Bass as to whether the pick up is original and they said yes.

Re the Overwater, I take it you could tell just by looking at it that the pick ups weren't original?
    Yeah - My Tutor now works there and he made it - The pole pieces on their pickups are covered with logo and you could find photos to show from when he made it.
  • Schnozz said:
    Schnozz said:
    Schnozz said:

Yeah - My Tutor now works there and he made it - The pole pieces on their pickups are covered with logo and you could find photos to show from when he made it.
    If I get mine, I'll maybe take out the pick up and check if it's original or if someone stuck a Ray4 Sub one in there :)

The cheap ones are very high output and hot, so I'll get me meter out as well.