Gibson polymer body

What's Hot
This is a first for me, a Gibson with an Ovation style polymer body. Never knew they'd been playing around with this idea:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5448
    Run away little boy run away!

Damn it, I had forgotten all about those things! Now my eyes hurt. 

Yes, since you prod my memory into reluctant life, I remember them being discussed before. The consensus view was that they were one of those spectacularly bad products which blighted Gibson's worst years. I am entirely ready to believe that.

One for Harry7 to collect, I think. But not at that price. Knock a zero off and it would make some good 90s tat for his ratty collection of weird and not-very-wonderful guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    Nor me.

Almost hard to believe it’s genuine - although there do appear to be others. The preamp is a lowest-cost Belcat piece of crap the same as out of something like a Westfield, although it may be a replacement - the other ones I found all appear to have the equally dreadful Epiphonic V system… not exactly a hint that they were trying to make something good, really! Apart from one which has a Fishman Presys, but I think that’s newer than 1991 and physically larger, so likely to be a retro-fit as well.

Headstock repair confirms it’s a real Gibson though :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Inevitably, it's listed by the clowns at Music Outlet Shop. Do they actually sell anything, ever? And how come literally everything they list is broken, filthy or incomplete, or all of the above?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom