Breaking in PA speakers?

What's Hot
thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
edited November 2023 in Live
Just got a new set of RCF 712's mk4.  Had mk2;s for about 8 years but thought it was time to get the latest model.  

Does it matter so much about breaking in PA speakers these days?  At home I can only play them at a low volume with some MP3's.  Does doing that actually do anything or do they need to be pushed?

Next few gigs are all PA/engineer inhouse so its a couple of weeks till I'll need them in anger, but there isn't going to be an opportunity to push them loud before then.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72361
    PA speakers are much more like hi-fi speakers than guitar speakers, and should not need or show significant break-in - because the cones and especially the edge surrounds are made from different materials which don't start off stiff and loosen up with use... or not much.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom