HVLP Turbine and Spray Gun Questions

I have been doing a bit of looking into spray kit.  

Space is an issue for me, so I think I am settled on a HVLP turbine rather than a traditional compressor and conversion gun system. Looking at the Fuji stuff as an example, they seem to have the Q Series and Mini-Mite series which seem to have the same spec apart from the Q Series is quieter and the top model has a variable pressure. The difference between the 2 series seems to be approx 400 for the equivalent spec. 

Noise is less of an issue - I won't be doing it all the time and it seems from reviews that the mini series is about a similar volume to a shop vac.  

Therefore it seems it comes down to the Mini Mite (or another brand's equivalent) and how many stages.  There seems to be approx 200 quid between each stage once you go for comparable package.  So the question is if 3-stage is 6.5 PSI, 4-stage is 8 PSI and 5 stage is 9.5 PSI, which is the smallest (and therefore lowest cost) that would be useable for guitar work?  

I don't think I will likely be doing big flake finishes (not my thing), but metallics (LPB, Shoreline, Goldtop) and standard opaque colours as well as dyes and bursts would be on the cards.  I would like it to not be too much of a compromise/riding the limit of the turbine.  At the same time I don't want to go overkill for the sake of it. 

Second query is, all of these seem to have a kind of smooth quick connector on the gun to attach to the hose whilst a lot of third party gravity fed HVLP guns seem to have a 1/4" threaded attachment.  I was pretty lost trying to find out what guns would be compatible with the HVLP turbines without buying multiple T-75Gs at 350 quid a pop.  I suspect I would be looking for a gun for primers, one for colours and one for clear?  I have seen people on here mention having a separate one for flake, but is that just big metal flake or all metallics?  What would you recommend? 

Many thanks as always to the knowledgable of the forum! :) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom