MIDI controlled drum loops onstage

I'm not sure if this should be here or in Studio/Recording, but the use case is Live, so here it is...

I might be doing some gigs with my bands bass player but not the drummer (he's out of the country for a couple of months). It's quite possible we could do them with a software drummer - and we fancy the idea of triggering loops in realtime rather than just starting a backing track and trying to play along. So, the idea is we program some loops for different song sections and trigger them as we play the songs. 

We're not looking to put a laptop onstage, but something a bit more focused that will store audio loops (created in Logic) and let us trigger them using pads or a MIDI controller (I have a spare 4-button Hotone available). We already have a few existing songs with demos that were built using programmed drums in Logic, so the loops are often already just waiting for us to use them. A "verse" loop, a "chorus" loop, an "intro" loop, etc. The idea is we'd load a bank of presets for a specific song and then someone would trigger them using the Hotone. The device would then send audio to the mixing desk. I suspect we'd like to be able to trigger a loop early and have it slot in and play when the previous one finishes. 

What would the hive mind suggest we take a look at? Not too expensive, please, as it's just for a bit of fun until the drummer comes back to the UK. We only do our own stuff, if that matters/helps. 

Ta! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• More featured Looper pedals have this feature.  Advance to next loop and keep to the timing synch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom