BabyMetal

HaychHaych Frets: 5630
Is it BabyMetal or Baby Metal?  I don't know either, but you know who I mean.

Anyway, my daughter is a fan so as a treat I bought tickets a while ago for their tour and last night we went to see them in Wolverhampton at The Halls.

The support act was crap, Vukovi I think they were called.

BM isn't quite my thing but I have to admit they put on a very good show and I did reluctantly enjoy it.  The band were extremely tight and there were some good numbers among the setlist with some bits reminiscent of Dream Theater and even Joe Satriani in places.

I was expecting the place to be full of parents and 13 - 16 year old girls but the demographic was predominantly male and middle-aged, which I find a bit worrying.

The name of the band is weird, the three girls aren't babies, although they did start quite young, and their appearance is quite ageless - they could be 12 or they could be 30-odd, but their diminutive size and child-like appearance did make me question the motives of the audience - are BM considered a credible metal act or do the three ladies who front the band attract a certain, ahem, type?

My daughter tells me that in Japan, that is indeed the case!  

In any event, my daughter really enjoyed it, she had a great time, so that's a win.  

I was surprised how short the show was, though.  They were on stage for an hour, no more.  And they didn't come back for an encore so I feel a bit cheated, just a merry "see ya" at the end of the last song and off they walked as the house lights came on.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28271
    I really like Karate, and a couple of their others are good. 

I don't have the perves for them. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom