SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PRICE DROPS - FS: MJT relic strat body, Rob Williams braz rw/flame maple neck SOLD, Klein Epic '59s

What's Hot
damm73damm73 Frets: 358
edited March 23 in Parts £
Will inevitably end up parting this out but you never know...someone might fancy it all in one piece. £800+delivery

Okay, parts it is then!  Open to sensible offers if I'm way off on prices. paypal f&f

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LnnW3QEKeSqsHW348

Alder MJT relic strat body in charcoal grey frost £280 260
Rob Williams flamed maple/braz rw strat neck (inc Fender tuners) £300 285 275 SOLD
Suhr Asatobucker bridge humbucker £75 on hold SOLD
Klein Epic '59 single coils (full set of 3) £200 190 180
Wudtone constant pivot vintage bridge plate £40 SOLD
Wilkinson WLS130 locking saddles £65 SOLD
Kevin Hurley steel trem block £25 SOLD
Raw Vintage trem springs £12
Art of Aging strat pickguard £15

The relic on the body is mostly MJT, i.e. the vertical checking was faked by them but the more prominent horizontal checking is real from when I left it in an uninsulated loft for a few months over the (hebridean) winter. I bought it from MJT via eBay and imported it. IIRC it was about 1.8kg but I'll check that and update.  EDIT: body is 1.9kg

Neck is medium C, fairly chunky, very comfy. Originally finished in poly by Rob Williams but I stripped and refinihsed it with amber nitro.  Will add neck depth measurements when I get a chance.  I bought it 2nd hand off here a few years ago. It had a decal in place of a logo (applied by my kid) and when I tried to remove it I took away some of the nitro with it but I can repair that. 

Please get in touch if you have any questions. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6836
    I might be interested in the body if you do split it up.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
    Looks great - might be worth adding some detail/spec, e.g. who's Williams? I can only think of Rob Williams but guess it's not him?
  • Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 211
    Interested but would be great to get neck specs please - radius, fret size, neck profile/thickness etc

Thanks!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    As the proud owner of a Rob Williams Superstrat, I'm also curious to know if the Williams is Rob?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    RevMatt said:
    Looks great - might be worth adding some detail/spec, e.g. who's Williams? I can only think of Rob Williams but guess it's not him?
    There's also the brilliant Haydn Williams too, but going off the images it's nothing like his normal gear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    edited December 2023
    For avoidance of doubt, yes neck was made by Rob Williams. I have nothing to back that up other than it was advertised on here. I seem to have had it since at least 2017, going by my own photo archives, and I haven't been able to find the original for sale ad. 

If memory serves, the original seller was inundated with offers and bumped up the price quite significantly once he realised what he had and I'm pretty sure I had to purchase via an eBay listing in the end.

Battery is nearly dead in my digital calipers but it looks like neck is .82 at 1st fret, .94 at 12th. It's a 9.5 radius and medium jumbo frets as far as I can tell.  EDIT: installed new battery and confirmed these measurements are correct. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    bump
    More pics, now it's disassembled... note there is a ding on the back of the neck at the 4th fret and the residue left on the headstock by a removed decal.  Also you can see the body was originally routed for SSS but has been neatly routed for a bridge HB and I have lined the body cavities with copper foil shielding tape. 

It's difficult to capture the colour accurately but I've tried my best here...

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 411
    edited December 2023
    Hi, will the trem block fit a vintage Fender bridge?  I have an Eric Johnson Strat, so if this will fit, I'll take it please.  PM'd
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    bump
  • Any idea nut width in neck Thx
    Be careful out there.....
    edited December 2023