Myles Goodwyn (April Wine)

Another sad loss.  
Great singer and guitarist he was.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/dec/04/myles-goodwyn-april-wine-frontman-dies-aged-75
One of my fave youtube clips. Originally saw it back in the day of TOGWT.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Good Canadian band who should've been bigger.
    RIP Myles
  • Not a band name I've heard for a long time. IIRC they did a Rock Goes to College and there was a bit of a push around the NWOBHM era but they never really took off in the UK. Decades of being a draw in the USA and Canada and Myles had a 50+ year career with the band. RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Ah man, that’s a shame. Have to admit I’d not really heard of them prior to them popping up in Trailer Park Boys (which is probably knocking 20yrs ago or something crazy at this point), but they’re another of the great Canadian rock bands that don’t get enough attention. RIP. 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    I saw them at the first Monsters of Rock in 1980, and as @EricTheWeary mentioned they got a bit of attention in the NWOBHM era when Geoff Barton was editing Sounds, but they probably had too many ballads to really appeal to the hard rock and metal fans.

I never bought any of their albums, but I gather they had a long and successful career in the Canadian market... which makes me think of other bands like Chilliwack and Max Webster.

RIP