Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

P90s on a budget

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Another shout out for the Modern Player Tele. Also worth looking out for is a Hagstrom Viking IIP. The P90's in it are fantastic to my ears.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • +1 for PRS SE Soapbars, I have a DC one, great guitar, much better than it has any right to be.
    Also agreed on Duncan Design P90s, I thought it was just mine in a MIJ LP, they are no better than my Epi DC LP ones which I didn't expect too much of anyway.  I do like a nice P90.  Need to replace them - it's on the list.

• Bucket said:
    I once picked up a PRS SE Soapbar for £160.

Should not have sold that. Should. Not. Have. Fucking. Sold. That. Guitar. You. Stupid. Boy.
    My mate's first guitar is an original, mark 1 Tremonti SE in white with proper PRS winged tuners and duncan pickups (now upgraded to Irongears) and he got it for £130. 

I recommended it to him.  WHY DIDN'T I BUY IT?!
  • Epi Wildkat.  What's not to like - semi acoustic, 2 x P90 and a bigsby. 

Just took mine to rehearsal and it sounded great.  Got mine for £260 second hand and they're not much more new if you can find one.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Chuffola;37099" said:
    Dawsons in Belfast have an Epi Riviera with 3 P90s that looks superb and has a Bigsby - or they did last time I was in. Think it was around £350. Very versatile, I'd imagine, but maybe a bit light since its effectively a Dot.

I played that MP Tele too and it was very nice.  Again, very versatile.
    The riviera is a pretty good idea. I didn't notice that one when I was in Dawsons. The fender was lovely it just needs some new strings and it had a bit too much neck relief, I really love the semi transparent black.
    I'll also have a look at the wildcat. That's a singlecut archtop isn't it?
  • The vintage av6 is basically a strat with 3 p90s , its got a roll tone thing whicg thickens the sound out.
    Check this vid with Roy Fulton

Great guitars :)