Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What Fuzz plays nicely with buffers etc??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Cirrus said:
    I've also found the Supersonic Fuzz Gun to not mind being behind a buffer, but it's also an insane circuit and it might be more the case that it sounds so mad and splatty sometimes that you wouldn't really be able to discern if a buffer is having a negative effect on the sound.
    Just to follow this up, I did an a/b test this morning to double check this and for anyone finding this in the future, I was wrong - buffer makes for a more splatty experience with the SSFG
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Boss Waza Craft FZ-1W isn't too picky about where it sits in the chain. 
    That's strange because mine becomes a lot more trebly if you place it after a buffered pedal.
    I did say "isn' too picky". There is a difference, but it doesn't bother me, and the FZ-1W is still perfectly useable, as you can use the Tone control to dial out the extra treble. It's certainly nowhere near like how a Fuzz Face behaves with a buffer in front.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Boss Waza Craft FZ-1W isn't too picky about where it sits in the chain. 
    That's strange because mine becomes a lot more trebly if you place it after a buffered pedal.
    I did say "isn' too picky". There is a difference, but it doesn't bother me, and the FZ-1W is still perfectly useable, as you can use the Tone control to dial out the extra treble. It's certainly nowhere near like how a Fuzz Face behaves with a buffer in front.
    Ah ok. For a while i've thought mine is faulty as i've seen lots of pedalboard photos with it not first in the chain - maybe they all do what you do and live with the sound it puts out.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Nerine said:
    Thanks for the suggestions so far, everyone. Appreciated. I'll check them all out.

Is the Suhr Rufus Reloaded worth looking at?
    My Rufus is fine with buffers but it is not a gentle round fuzz, quite an aggressive edge. Tone control is nice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Benson Germanium Fuzz might be what you're looking for. I've got one but in a simpler setup to yours.

From 11.27 in this video.
  • https://reverb.com/item/45178509-dpfx-pedals-impedance-changer-input-output

Stick one of these in front of your fuzz of choice and away you go
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19142
    Nerine said:
    Thanks for the suggestions so far, everyone. Appreciated. I'll check them all out.

Is the Suhr Rufus Reloaded worth looking at?
    My Rufus is fine with buffers but it is not a gentle round fuzz, quite an aggressive edge. Tone control is nice
    He speaks highly of you too.
  • I’m currently using a king tone fuzz si on my board after the Boss tuner, which I believe has a buffer…and it sounds great, not cheap, but a great sound and a useful bias control for that little bit of splattery madness if you should fancy.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24701
    Guitarsystems Fuzztool Standard

Even works with EMGs !

FUZZTOOL | Guitarsystems