HSS rewire has Bridge and middle out of phase

What's Hot
Hi guys,

I just added a BKP Warpig to the bridge of my Strat and got it working very well, sounds great ..... except the position 2 (Bridge & middle) is out of phase and very weak. Position 4 sounds great.

Do I just have to swap over the red and black wires to reverse the bridge pickup?  Do I put the red and braided Earth together on the back of the pot and the black on the switch?

Cheers,
Jim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Yes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14463
    sorbz62 said:
    Do I put the red and braided Earth together on the back of the pot and the black on the switch?
    This is exactly why I made a habit of not twisting the bare screen and insulated pickup grounding conductor together.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    I do prefer to twist them together - and heatshrink over to avoid any possibility of shorts from the bare wire - but I always test the phase before assembling the wiring. You just need a multimeter to do that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sorbz62 said:
    Do I put the red and braided Earth together on the back of the pot and the black on the switch?
    This is exactly why I made a habit of not twisting the bare screen and insulated pickup grounding conductor together.
    Why not? I'm not sure what your getting at here. Are you saying you won't do this so you can swap the wires over if necessary?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14463
    Yes.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Cheers!