How can I fix this lacquer reaction?

I built this guitar 14/15 years ago and until recently it's been fine, but taking it out of the gig bag that it's been in and out of countless times over those years it's suddenly reacted with the bag itself, you can see the impression of the weave in the lacquer.
It was finished with Halfords rattle cans.

Suggestions on how to fix this? Ta muchly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1943
    edited December 2023
    Farecla G3 maybe or 3M Finesse possibly. Or G3 followed by 3M. Try 3M first and see if that works on its own. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Devil#20 said:
    Farecla G3 maybe or 3M Finesse possibly. Or G3 followed by 3M. Try 3M first and see if that works on its own. 
    Cheers. Is the Farecla G3 like a super duper T-Cut?
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1943
    edited December 2023
    DiscoStu said:
    Devil#20 said:
    Cheers. Is the Farecla G3 like a super duper T-Cut?
    It's a lot gentler than T-Cut and the 3M Finesse is a hand glazing compound. Don't work in straight lines. Work in all directions and don't don't let it dry out too much as you work it. Then do the same with the 3M. Try a test area first. It's the premium or advanced G3 that you need and not the regular. It's not particularly cheap but it'll last you for years. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

edited December 2023
    @Devil#20 ;Is the Pro stuff good enough? I can get that in town.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    If the material has left reaction marks/impressions in the paint you making need to sand/cut before buffing. 
    Sure, it'll definitely need sanded/cut in some way. If the cutting compound gets it out will I need to build of coats of clear again or can I go straight to polishing?
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    DiscoStu said:
    Sure, it'll definitely need sanded/cut in some way. If the cutting compound gets it out will I need to build of coats of clear again or can I go straight to polishing?
    If you cut it so that it’s nice and flat you could add another 2-3 coats of clear and not bother cutting and polishing again afterwards. It’ll depend how you lay the clear coat down