SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE: Auden Austin Smokehouse Cutaway

What's Hot
AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
edited January 24 in Acoustics £
NOW GONE
Checking to see if there is any interest in my Auden Austin Smokehouse Cutaway, bought new from Music Street in Huntingdon earlier this year. It is beautiful, it sounds divine, but the neck is too small (width and depth) for my fingers/hand, and the string spacing at the bridge is too tight for me for fingerpicking. Looking for £800 for members of this forum. Some photos below, the full album is here:
https://imgur.com/a/6PYxA6N

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    edited January 24
    Photos added
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steviebee74steviebee74 Frets: 33
    edited December 2023
    I have one of these. Auden told me that it's the very first smokehouse guitar they ever made (although there is another one kicking about with a 0001 serial number). It's my main gigging acoustic and a really good all-rounder. They're a really good alernative to a mid-range Taylor and the pickup system works well.      
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I think you are right, I remember a similar comment from Doug at Auden in Higham Ferrers when I took it for a setup and checkup after I bought it. It is a jolly nice guitar, but very sensitive to the strings used, I find. If it were a bit better for fingerpicking I would definitely keep it.
    I have boxes for shipment, so postage is possible.
    Bump
    Last call Pre-Christmas
    Bump for 2024
    edited January 24