Upgrading a cheaper 7 string

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10524
    tFB Trader
    Did you cut the slots to match the Ibanez radius? I'm thinking the earvana nut is 12" off the shelf and the Ibanez probably 17". Cutting the slots to depth relative to the first fret even by eye or with gauges should match things up.
    I cut to to the Ibanez radius 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did you cut the slots to match the Ibanez radius? I'm thinking the earvana nut is 12" off the shelf and the Ibanez probably 17". Cutting the slots to depth relative to the first fret even by eye or with gauges should match things up.
    Looks like this would fit my PRS SE Holcomb then...ponders
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10524
    tFB Trader
    Did you cut the slots to match the Ibanez radius? I'm thinking the earvana nut is 12" off the shelf and the Ibanez probably 17". Cutting the slots to depth relative to the first fret even by eye or with gauges should match things up.
    Looks like this would fit my PRS SE Holcomb then...ponders
    Don't think about an Earvana nut ... just do it ... it's sooooo much better 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message