SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(Sold here) FS/FT - Suhr Custom Modern, Daphne Blue, medium aging £2,700

What's Hot
ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 343
edited May 19 in Guitars £

**Just wanting to test the water again on this... itchy feet**

I'm in two distinct minds about this but thought I'd put some feelers out and see what's around...

This is my custom order 2023 Suhr Modern, daphne blue, medium aging with jaw dropping lacquer checking. It is a pristine, fantastic, top-tier instrument but... I just find I'm missing the Suhr classics I sold to fund it and wonder if I maybe need to accept that the modern isn't 'for me'.

Full spec and pics below. Asking £2,700 posted.

If you’d like to meet – I’m based in Swansea and willing to travel 50-60 miles.

I may end up withdrawing this because every time I take it out of it's case I have second thoughts about letting it go...  

I've got the shop's photos which I'll upload in an imgur album later. 

Spec sheet is in the images but in summary:

Modern, roasted alder body, daphne blue, medium aging.

Weight: 7lbs2oz

Roasted 3A birdseye maple neck

Even C slim neck, compound 10-14 inch radius, rolled.

SSH+, ML middle, SSV neck pickups

Blower switch

Coil tap

Heavy stainless frets

Typical Suhr tuners.

Gotoh two post bridge with bent saddles (no bridge recess, spec sheet image says recessed but I changed it mid order, the physical spec sheet is correct)

Comes with original Suhr gigbag (yes, I specced it with a gig bag because that’s what I like, don’t hate me).

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Ah, gigbag. :( Would have bought this if it had a G&G. 

Jokes aside, this is a dream spec and if I had the money I’d be wiring it your way before your finger lifted from the enter key hit when posting this. 

I can’t throw my hat into the ring for this beauty, but I can vouch for @Chimpankie being a dream to deal with. Takes great care of his instruments, great comms and dispatches rapidly and well-packingly. Which is definitely a real term. 

Best of luck with this. Or, withdraw it for 32 months and I’ll start saving!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobacco said:
    Ah, gigbag. :( Would have bought this if it had a G&G. 

Jokes aside, this is a dream spec and if I had the money I’d be wiring it your way before your finger lifted from the enter key hit when posting this. 

I can’t throw my hat into the ring for this beauty, but I can vouch for @Chimpankie being a dream to deal with. Takes great care of his instruments, great comms and dispatches rapidly and well-packingly. Which is definitely a real term. 

Best of luck with this. Or, withdraw it for 32 months and I’ll start saving!
    Thanks man, I keep going back and forth on this one but decided to just put it up and see what happens! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Yup, I know that one all too well! Couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve had guitars that I could list a hundred things I love about it, and struggle to tell you a single thing wrong with them…asides that intangible ‘it’ quality. With the guitars that have passed through my hands, you’d be forgiven for thinking I had a clue what I was doing..! Ha. 

• Bump :) 
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 343
    Just testing the water again on this but might change my mind!
    Guessing this was priced too high so… price drop
  • aconitethrillaconitethrill Frets: 78
    Ooof, I’ve got a real hankering for a Modern at the moment, but need some bits to sell first! GLWTS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ooof, I’ve got a real hankering for a Modern at the moment, but need some bits to sell first! GLWTS!
    This one’s pretty unique… if it’s still about when you’ve shifted some things, give me a shout  :)