NUX B-8 wireless with a host if useful stuff built in

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151
NUX B-8 Wireless System comes with a tuner, boost pedal, FX loop, and DI box

Currently pre-order for early next year. Looks decent though.

https://guitarbomb.com/2023/12/13/nux-b-8-wireless-system-a-multifunctional-marvel-for-musicians/

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited December 2023
    Yeah quite good competition for the shure wireless system imo . Why the boost though 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151
    I guess it is a feature they could integrate simply without taking up too much space or R&D/money.

• steersteer Frets: 1189
    I really don't need a wireless system, but it does look neat.
  • You know what would be a useful function for a stage tuner?  For it to display a clock when you're not using it as a tuner, so you don't overrun.  Much more professional than looking at your watch.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    You know what would be a useful function for a stage tuner?  For it to display a clock when you're not using it as a tuner, so you don't overrun.  Much more professional than looking at your watch.
    The new Taylor tuner does  that https://guitarbomb.com/2023/11/15/taylor-beacon-clip-on-digital-5-way-accessory/

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    edited December 2023
    The Nux is £289 pre order at Andertons.   Think I'll stick with my line 6 g30, Tu3 and spark mini!

But if  I didn't have those would definitely consider it. looks good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm looking for a wireless to replace the horrible plasticky Line 6 G30 I had. Does anyone know if this is metal construction? It appears it could be from the photos but I can't find anything that confirms it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2168
    edited December 2023
    Deleted post because my comment was moronic.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    You know what would be a useful function for a stage tuner?  For it to display a clock when you're not using it as a tuner, so you don't overrun.  Much more professional than looking at your watch.

@Jonathangus For years I've been using a BIG watch, £20, cut the strap off, and velcro'd to my pedalboard. 

I'm looking for a wireless to replace the horrible plasticky Line 6 G30 I had. Does anyone know if this is metal construction? It appears it could be from the photos but I can't find anything that confirms it.
    My uneducated guess would be it is metal, as there are plastic washers around the jack plugs, between the case and the nut. But that is just a guess.

• Grunfeld said:

@Jonathangus For years I've been using a BIG watch, £20, cut the strap off, and velcro'd to my pedalboard. 

I have one of these things designed to go on a car dashboard.  But given that your tuner is idle 99% of the time, would be a useful extra function.

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• BGGBGG Frets: 689
    I have the NUX C-5RC wireless and it’s brilliant. Played small venues and large ones and big outdoor gigs and it’s been faultless. 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Frets: 208
    Has anyone here tried one of these yet?  I read a lot of people bemoaning the lack of 5 GHz functionality, but not sure whether that has actually been a problem in a gig situation for anyone.