NPD. Old Rack Unit - TC Electronic M350 Reverb/Delay Rack

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
Hi all. I picked one of these up, as new condition. Originally I was going to use it at home only to mess around on, for recording etc, but might use it as I would a pedal. Maybe with some synths, or maybe with guitar.
Should I put one of these in the effects loop of an amp, and then go straight in with my overdrive pedals to the amp, or should I use it last in pedal chain, into the amp?

I assume any basic midi type pedal could be used as a footswitch if I wanted to go up and down with presets? Any advice on a pedal I could use?

If I were to buy a basic rack enclosure, are they all a standard size type?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    edited December 2023
    Any rack enclosure should be the same size between the "ears" where the unit attaches to the frame. 

You're probably right about MIDI pedals, but you'd be best finding a manual to be sure.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://toneprints.com/media/217184/tc_electronic_m350_manual_english.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj3iKjiqo2DAxXRV0EAHZl0BvEQFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0baa0Ov2LebdpyZu2SOugS

The manual doesn't list MIDI commands for preset up/down, but it says you can control them with a G Minor so it must be possible...

As for signal chain placement- probably best to suck it and see. I don't think you can break anything.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• @english_bob thanks for that. Would have made sense for me to read the manual first eh!!
  • Can anyone recommend a two button footswitch with midi input/output? The G Minor is discontinued.
    Unit has a midi input/output, so not sure if I need two cable running, or just one cable from e.g. the output to the input pedal.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited December 2023
    Re a cheap midi controller look at the mvave chocolate - cheap n v powerful - you will need a trs to midi cable ( think it’s type A but please check yourself )  unless you go wireless 

had a quick look at the midi spec - odd it doesn’t mention patch changes but will allow reverb n delay type changes n toggle off n on . 

suggest you find a fb group or similar to chk out it’s midi capability 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Can anyone recommend a two button footswitch with midi input/output? The G Minor is discontinued.
    Unit has a midi input/output, so not sure if I need two cable running, or just one cable from e.g. the output to the input pedal.
    Just need MIDI in for what you want to do.

MIDI out allows you to daisy chain MIDI units to all receive commands from the same controller, or the M350 may be capable of sending some MIDI commands.

• Thanks guys. All I would need to do is preset up and down, that’s it.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Anyone know if a midi to trs adapter would work with a regular two switch foot controller. Seems to be easier to find a trs input cable as opposed to a small midi one. 
    Anyone know if a midi to trs adapter would work with a regular two switch foot controller. Seems to be easier to find a trs input cable as opposed to a small midi one. 
    No, it won't.

Something like this is probably what you want.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404014187517?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=aRG_XW7pQYW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8tC0lGgFR2K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    legend @english_bob !
    hardly any cheaper options ?
    legend @english_bob !
    hardly any cheaper options ?
    I doubt it. This is the cheapo Chinese end of the market. There are a few different companies in the US and EU that make MIDI gadgets, but they'll all be more expensive (but might last longer).