Three switch TRS input midi pedal for Eventide Timefactor?

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1393
What might seem like a silly question, but as I have never bought a midi foot pedal before, I am not sure what to go for.
Basically, I am looking for a controller that will allow me to bank up, tap tempo, effect on/off. The other pedal on the Timefactor can be used for bank down. My idea is based on this video, but the company making this doesn't exist from what I can see.
So looking for options. 

Would something like the GFI system triple switch work? https://www.gfisystem.com/triple-switch

I am not sure if this is what I should be looking for?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27191
    edited December 2023
    You shoudn't need MIDI for that, just a simple 3-way aux. 

With my timelines I've actually always run a 2-way with the pedal in Bank mode, so you on the TF pedal itself you have Patch 1 / Patch 2 / Bank Up. Then set the external switch to Bank Down and Tap Tempo. 

I've used the Digitech FSX3 but currently have a 2-button homemade one.  Looks like the GFI one is the same thing in a different shape box :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bright Onion do an FS3X compatible triple switch ...

It's a fairly simple circuit to DIY - a couple of diodes and the footswitches. I have the circuit diagram somewhere if you need it.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7837
    Bright Onion do an FS3X compatible triple switch ...

It's a fairly simple circuit to DIY - a couple of diodes and the footswitches. I have the circuit diagram somewhere if you need it.

Agreed, I made one when I had an MC6 - very simple.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Bright Onion do an FS3X compatible triple switch ...

That looks like the solution! They also do a mini option, but might be too cramped for my size 11 feet!