SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 2002 Martin DM Mahogany w/LR Baggs Anthem

CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
edited December 2023 in Acoustics £
USA made Martin, no cosmetic adornments. laminate mahogany back and sides, bolted rather than glued neck. I bought it 2nd hand in Fairdeal music in Birmingham two years ago, and it was to me the best sounding sub £1.5k acoustic guitar in the shop. Nice and full, dynamic, good string separation, and really playable neck. It's got the earthy warm tone I associate with Martin, the kind of sound where you can stick a mic in front of it and it just sounds great.

It's had a professional repair job on the top, which I didn't notice until a year after I bought it (and the shop either didn't notice or didn't mention it to me...). But if you feel underneath the soundboard on the bass side of the bridge, there are some small wooden blocks re-enforcing a line down the top. It's kind of hard to see, hence my not noticing it, and and I believe my photographs are representative of how the top looks.

There's an LR Baggs Anthem pickup system fitted, which is the fancy one with both a mic and an under saddle piezo, user-blended to taste.

£700 collected from Birmingham, but would be happy to drive a fair distance to meet up for a fuel contribution.

Photos here; https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjB67sV

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don't want to seem rude but the top looks more like spruce to me. The B&S are a mahogany of some sort I'd guess deveen if in a laminate.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    edited December 2023
    Not rude at all, though a PM might have been more kind =) ! I don't know anything about wood cosmetics, I was just going by the sticker inside but a quick google looks like you're right, it's the back and sides that are mahogany laminate