DJ gear?

What's Hot
Is anyone here especially knowledgeable about DJ gear?

I'm looking to expand beyond doing Ableton Live mixes and look at decks etc.
I have turntables and a mixer, I am looking at CDJ style separates and currently looking at the Denon SC6000.
Industry standard is the Pioneer CDJ3000 but it is VEEEERY expensive and you need two of them.
Denon is half the price and you can run them dual layer, so with a controller that comes free right now and I'd be up and running.

Wondering how different the workflow is with Denon vs Pioneer?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    I am absolutely not an expert, but whenever we do any DJ kit the end user always specifies Pioneer - as you say, it's the industry standard. I once offered the Denon as an option (back in the CDJ2000 days) and the response was rather robustly negative. 

If you want to be able to transfer your skills from home to public it probably makes sense to go for the CDJ3000s.

As I say, not claiming any hands-on expertise but hopefully this is still a bit useful. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    The only problem with CDJ's is there is no stock anywhere and you are looking at £4k for 2 of them.

But yes, I agree Denon havent made enough impact in the pro market.
    But then, is it likely that I'll be doing a boiler room set anytime soon?
    I think not.
  • I'm not a DJ, but I've got friends who are ( mainly garage/grime type stuff). The idea of getting the Panasonic CDJ's is the places they play have them, no one excepts you to rock up with a your own equipment if you're playing clubs. So you practice with that stuff at home. Lots of clubs have turntables, too. So you can use vinyl and the CDJ's.
    Just googled the price of the 2000's. I didn't realise they'd got that expensive!