Oil City Pickups - exciting stuff for 2024

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10563

Hello chaps and the odd chap-ess ... this is by way of a thank you for all keeping the faith and continuing to buy Oil City through some quite difficult days for all of us.
There are some interesting and exciting changes afoot with Oil City for 2024 and I thought I'd give you some tasters of what to expect.
For a start we are as fed up as you lot of prices going up ... so for our 'standard range' our prices will actually be coming down! Nope I didn't fall over and crack my head on a workshop bench ... you really will pay less money. 

We are in the process of revamping our range, and your old favorites like the Nighfighter, Scrapyard Dog Plus or our Stone Tone Strat sets or the ever popular Wapping Wharf tapped Tele will now be part of our 'Originals' * range ... alluding to the fact that they are amongst our first and longest serving designs. 

On to our premium Masterwound range which will have some new pickups added ... and feature new black labels. 

Below: a pair of our 'BlackTrack 7 string pickups

Back in the summer we purchased a large stock of OEM wire so look out for some special issue pickups built with wire from 'back in the day' 

We have been offering 'pickup winding courses' for some while without shouting too much about it, but we are going to open this up more for 2024. Anybody who books by the end of January (for any time later in the year) will get a special discount :-) PM me for details. 

Finally, we are going to kick off 2024 with perhaps the largest workshop clearout sale to date ... so keep your eyes peeled. 

* Originals: bikers jeans that go black with oil and are never washed. 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fab :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14507
    edited December 2023
    we are going to kick off 2024 with perhaps the largest workshop clearout sale to date 
    Duly noted. 

P.S. What became of any Overkill prototypes? Did you ever attempt one in post-54 Precision Bass format?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Nice work @OilCityPickups, thats fantastic news, love your pickups sir :)

PS - what make is the guitar in the pic thats very nice?
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10563
    tFB Trader
    Nice work @OilCityPickups, thats fantastic news, love your pickups sir :)

PS - what make is the guitar in the pic thats very nice?
    That's a gorgeous custom from Flame Guitars fitted with my 7 string BlackTracks .... one of the reasons it has all those frets is that it's microtonal ... though Flame will do you any sort of guitar of course. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message