Artistworks- Acoustic-Pick Style/Flatpick

What's Hot
ColdfingersColdfingers Frets: 34
edited December 2023 in Acoustics
I'm thinking of taking advantage of the festive 50% discount on one of the flat- pick style courses, so that would be one of Bryan Sutton, Chris Eldridge or Tyler Grant...

I did 12 months of Bryan Sutton previously, enjoyed it very much, there was quite a busy "shoutbox/message" group, and although maybe 2 years have passed, I've got at least some sort of repertoire at a basic level to be working on/submit (if I can bring myself to video myself which I didn't do at all last time!).

Chris Eldridge - I know who he is, anyone any experience with his course?

Tyler Grant - seems to be new from earlier this year, had a look at his Youtube channel and I'm sure I'd get on fine with his course also.

So, any reason to change from Bryan Sutton? The advantage (were I to make use of it) being that I'm pretty much ready with something to submit. Any thoughts at all? I'm not really a hard core Bluegrass type, would prefer a chord melody type flatpick course with a lean towards music education if such a thing existed...

Many thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4213
    I've been a member of Bryan's Artstworks school on and off for years and he's amazing. I joined Chris Eldridge's one for a bit but didn't really feel there was much in the way of content. I didn't stick around long enough to do a VE but I did loads with Bryan and his responses were always amazing. Incidentally, most of my VEs with Bryan are about solo flatpick arrangements. He's incredible with all that stuff too so you can totally get that kind of content from him. Tyler is a great player, educator and guy - he taught the guitar course at Sore Fingers one year and I'm sure his Artistworks school is very good....but I just don't see any reason for moving from Bryan. I'm not actually sure what Artistworks are up to having 3 flatpicking schools! unless Bryan was getting so oversubscribed that things like VE turnaround times were going to start suffering.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Right, Bryan Sutton it will be this year then, maybe I'll take a look at Tyler Grant next time. Thanks very much.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom