Macbook pro and video recording.

axisusaxisus Frets: 28348
My Macbook pro is pretty old now, but for a pretty decent computer I was always surprised by how utterly crap the camera quality is. Really dire. I have virtually never used it, I plug something else in, however, I have a second gripe - Sometimes I want to do a quick 'test' video of a bit of guitar playing, but when you do (using Quicktime) the sound is always fractionally out of sync with the video! It's pretty darned annoying. WTF Apple!!!!!!

Minor rant over ....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19165
    Try using VLC instead of Quicktime ?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28348
    Try using VLC instead of Quicktime ?
    You can record with VLC? I took a quick look last night, couldn't find a way of doing that
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19165
    Some guides & alternatives, hope they'll help but finding individual solutions can be tricky.
    https://www.fonepaw.com/recorder/record-screen-and-video-with-vlc.html
    https://robots.net/how-to-guide/how-to-record-a-video-on-mac-using-webcam-and-software/

Or, have you tried  FFmpeg ? https://ffmpeg.org//

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11993
    edited December 2023
    It is baffling...they could put the selfie camera from the phone in there, but they don't....it's was stuck in 720p right up until 2022 or something.  There is no difference in webcam quality from a 2012 iMac to a 2020 MBP I recall.  They only recently changed it to 1080p on the 14 & 16 inch models.
  • It is baffling...they could put the selfie camera from the phone in there, but they don't....it's was stuck in 720p right up until 2022 or something.  There is no difference in webcam quality from a 2012 iMac to a 2020 MBP I recall.  They only recently changed it to 1080p on the 14 & 16 inch models.

You youngsters today are just spoiled.
    When I were a lad we'd have KILLED to have a 720p video camera.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11993
    guyinlyon said:
    It is baffling...they could put the selfie camera from the phone in there, but they don't....it's was stuck in 720p right up until 2022 or something.  There is no difference in webcam quality from a 2012 iMac to a 2020 MBP I recall.  They only recently changed it to 1080p on the 14 & 16 inch models.

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2354
    tFB Trader
    I've got a new MacBook Pro and the camera is still total shit. I don't quite understand why because I've got a iPhone X and the camera in that is brilliant, I also have a four year old iPad and the camera in that is so much better than the MacBook Pro.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10361
    guyinlyon said:

You were spoiled because in the 1400's they didn't even have socks! :lol: