Great version of my fave Xmas song.

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
There are lots of fun Xmas songs, but I'm still a sucker for some of the old classics, my fave being O Holy night.

I found this version recently, and I absolutely love it. The first singer is SVRCINA, I could probably do without her hand gesticulations, but she has a lovely pure sound to her voice. Then Tauren Wells comes in, and boy can he belt out a song! I love the subtle build of the whole thing. 

I realise that this probably isn't the sort of thing you lot like, but in terms of Christmas this really takes me to my happy place!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Mariah Carey, I can't really get on with her style of overdoing every single note, although she is an amazing singer. I preferred Whitney of the 'diva' types.

Bloody hell though, what a looker she was then!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    My God, that was awful.  O Holy Night is difficult to sing, it is numbered amongst the most murdered Christmas Hymns/Carols  for that reason but that performance was painful to listen to.  The first 29 seconds were 'fairly well' in tune but after that the whole thing collapsed.  O Holy Night must be sung as per the music sheet.  No interpretations are allowed or necessary.  No warbling or pitch variations etc. are acceptable.  Sing it as it is written.  Few can do this. 

As bad as it was when the female was singing, the male came onstage and completed the slaughter.  Who told him that he had a voice good enough to sing O Holy Night.  The mixing engineers obviously have no idea what the song should sound like either.

All the correct versions I have are on CD.  i will search the internet to see if any of them are up there and link to it.  In a day or two when I recover...... 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Mariah Carey, I can't really get on with her style of overdoing every single note, although she is an amazing singer. I preferred Whitney of the 'diva' types.

Bloody hell though, what a looker she was then!
    I quite enjoy her whistle range it’s quite fascinating . She can hit an E7   I guess it’s kind of like shred for vocalists 
  • Rocker said:
    My God, that was awful.  O Holy Night is difficult to sing, it is numbered amongst the most murdered Christmas Hymns/Carols  for that reason but that performance was painful to listen to.  The first 29 seconds were 'fairly well' in tune but after that the whole thing collapsed.  O Holy Night must be sung as per the music sheet.  No interpretations are allowed or necessary.  No warbling or pitch variations etc. are acceptable.  Sing it as it is written.  Few can do this. 

As bad as it was when the female was singing, the male came onstage and completed the slaughter.  Who told him that he had a voice good enough to sing O Holy Night.  The mixing engineers obviously have no idea what the song should sound like either.

All the correct versions I have are on CD.  i will search the internet to see if any of them are up there and link to it.  In a day or two when I recover...... 
    a wee bit harsh  lol