Wilco

What's Hot
Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 982
edited December 2023 in Music
I've really enjoyed some of their records and been indifferent to others - especially recently...... but this KEXP session suggests their latest record might be a return to form (terrible phrase that I know)..... some great musicianship at least (another terrible phrase I know!)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Possibly my favourite live band, they are sonically incredible and always striving to do something different to before. I agree that some of the albums are less captivating, but live is where it’s at.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One of my favourite bands of all time 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• One of my favourite bands of all time 
    They are a really great band aren't they? Some of their albums and some of their songs are among my all time favourites - but there are other albums I've really not bonded with - my favourite bands - Primal Scream, Super Furry Animals..... are like that....

After getting into that KEXP session I bought the album boxing day and it is really good - one of my favourites......
  • Have any of you Wilco fans watched "The Bear" tv show? They use a few of their songs in it, the main riff from Spiders (Kidsmoke) is used for one of the really stressful kitchen scenes, works really well. 
    My trading feedback thread
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1945
    Leisceoir said:
    Have any of you Wilco fans watched "The Bear" tv show? They use a few of their songs in it, the main riff from Spiders (Kidsmoke) is used for one of the really stressful kitchen scenes, works really well. 
    Yes, I picked up on that as well. Both seasons have been really good. 
  • One of the many things I like about Wilco is they pretty much record every live show they do for fans to watch.
  • Leisceoir said:
    Have any of you Wilco fans watched "The Bear" tv show? They use a few of their songs in it, the main riff from Spiders (Kidsmoke) is used for one of the really stressful kitchen scenes, works really well. 

The Bear is absolutely brilliant for many reasons, the needle drops being one. Some really cool song choices, this among them.

FWIW, I lost interest in Wilco a few years back- just nothing that grabbed me on several albums in a row. They had a brilliant run of records in the 2000s though.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Leisceoir said:
    The Bear is easily my favourite show of the year. 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• I like Wilco in the country rock mode of AM, however Summerteeth, YHF etc are my favourite albums. 
    The YHF documentary is just utterly fantastic and I do miss Jay. 

Wilco mk2 with Nels is a different band, but I still like it and there are some amazing songs on each album after A Ghost is Born.  

Sky Blue Sky was rightfully reappraised by Pitchfork and now is regarded as a great album. impossible Germany is just stunning. 

I like some of the solo stuff from Tweedy as well and I’ve read all the books as well

• Leisceoir said:

The Bear is absolutely brilliant for many reasons, the needle drops being one. Some really cool song choices, this among them.

FWIW, I lost interest in Wilco a few years back- just nothing that grabbed me on several albums in a row. They had a brilliant run of records in the 2000s though.
    I felt similarly - but I would have a look at the new record. It's one of their best. 
  • I love Wilco, and I love Nels Cline. Both together is great! While I probably prefer some of the pre-Nels stuff in terms of pushing the boundaries (YHF especially), and they've ironically got a little safer since Nels joined, I still love their records and jump at the chance to catch them live.