SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1989 Gibson Les Paul Standard Candy Apple Red SOLD

What's Hot
suhrtonesuhrtone Frets: 67
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
1989 Gibson Les Paul Standard Candy Apple Red w/case. Pick Ups Neck # 2.737 842 , Bridge # 2.737 842 CTS Pots 3 have # 137-8941 one has #137-8937 “Guitar weighs 8.10 lbs”

All original don’t need to write some kind of hype it speaks for it self, The pick up mounting rings were replaced with new ones the stock ones had warped and cracked.

The pics were taken with the original pick up mounting rings before I had the new ones put on still have them.

1989 Gibson Les Paul Standard Candy Apple Red
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PM'd
    Be careful out there.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Ooohh!  Very tempting indeed!!

• Never seen one in CAR before! PM sent.
  • where are ya located?
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    where are ya located?
    Profile says Kingston. Presumably the one near London and not the one in Hull...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• McToot said:
    where are ya located?
    Profile says Kingston. Presumably the one near London and not the one in Hull...

ooh thats close to my work ish, see if he gets back
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Tread very cautiously on this one as I’ve ‘bought’ the Mike Campbell and the transaction appears to be taking a turn for the worse.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9 said:
    Tread very cautiously on this one as I’ve ‘bought’ the Mike Campbell and the transaction appears to be taking a turn for the worse.
    If it appears too good to be true, it often is… 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    Fifty9 said:
    Think i was first in line with this Lp and seller insisted on Paypal F + F . I said i’d be happier to pay the services and goods fee. He didn’t like that. I bailed. it felt wrong.
    Hope i’m wrong.
    Coming back on my comment above. My buying experience has been unusual vs all other transactions on here over the years hence my instinct to post above. It may have simply been poor comms and all will work out just fine. As this LP has also been bought and paid for there are two of us now awaiting the guitars. Seller has said he can ship both so hopefully nothing goes awry and we can return with positive feedback on the deals.

@suhrtone feel free to comment in return.
  • Fifty9 said:
    Coming back on my comment above. My buying experience has been unusual vs all other transactions on here over the years hence my instinct to post above. It may have simply been poor comms and all will work out just fine. As this LP has also been bought and paid for there are two of us now awaiting the guitars. Seller has said he can ship both so hopefully nothing goes awry and we can return with positive feedback on the deals.

The both will be shipped tomorrow morning. Thank you
  • McToot said:
    where are ya located?
    Or Jamaica , that be a rum do 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Any usuhrtone said:
    Fifty9 said:

The both will be shipped tomorrow morning. Thank you
    Can you provide an update @suhrtone?
  • I couldn’t imagine one in Candy Apple red but seeing it ,it looks amazing ,very Slashy too 1989 what a cool year 
    @suhrtone. You’ve got nearly 3k of forum members’ money and have gone silent yet have been active on here since we’ve requested updates here and via email. What’s going on?
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 710
    edited December 2023
    Two different listings, with (apparently) strikingly low prices and pictures that appear to have been taken in different homes, with different cameras, while insisting on non-refundable payment methods. Yeah, I'd say some reassurance is required here.
  • Moloch said:
    Two different listings, with (apparently) strikingly low prices and pictures that appear to have been taken in different homes, with different cameras, while insisting on non-refundable payment methods. Yeah, I'd say some reassurance is required here.
    Plus the guy hasn’t been active since 2020, then pops up with these. I received a quick reply when I messaged but offered to pay cash on collection (which was ignored).
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1273
    he has been on for 10 years and plenty of trades by the looks of things. if he was going to do a runner, why login multiple times today? It is shit that there is no comms or a tracking number, especially as its been asked for, but at same time, its pretty normal for F&F pay requests and doesnt look like he has done a runner from the fly on wall perspective. Its festive season, might be busy, logging in on phone etc.  Perhaps buyers should clarify the worry if its over and above the absence since yesterdays update to ship this morning.
    I just hope it all works out for the buyers.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • Folks, its fine to annalyse this now, I am the guy who bought the LP, tbh I did not see the other add and just wanted the red LP as I thought it looked amazing and the price was good (LP prices are all over the place atm).   The guy was plausible and answered all my questions, showed as being a member for 10 years, maybe stupidly I agreed to use PPFF which I think most of us have done before in a bid to keep the costs down, so looks like I am £1450 down.   
    Be careful out there.....
  • tabanotabano Frets: 100
    edited December 2023
    Out of curiosity guys,
    did he proposed you to communicate via email for a “faster reply”?
    just asking because I messaged him and he suggested to communicate via email which I did, 
    but tbh that got me thinking…
    nothing wrong with that at all but I’d rather have my conversations through the forum as much as possible for clarity in case of any possible issue..

This discussion has been closed.