SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1989 Gibson Les Paul Standard Candy Apple Red SOLD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Tabano - yes
    Be careful out there.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I ran the email through an email checker and it came back as legitimate, I have used email before esp for extra pix etc   tbh thought nothing off it.
    • Where are you? 
    • I'm on WhatsApp xxxxxxxx if it's easier 

• Hi, I'm in kingston

• Would you ship it?
      Other option is me training it down to London I guess but new year beckoning. 

• Yes, I can ship and update you with the tracking number.

Here's my email for quick reply : suhrtone@gmail.com

That's my conversation. Seemed fine but seemed odd that last bit, so I bailed. 

Hope it goes OK for everyone. 
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 795
    edited December 2023

Edited

• Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    If they can log in on here then it’s equally possible to send a simple ‘I know I’d committed to posting it today but won’t be able to as x has happened’ would suffice. 
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2701
    edited December 2023
    • Where are you? 
    • I'm on WhatsApp xxxxxxxx if it's easier 

• Hi, I'm in kingston

• Would you ship it?
      Other option is me training it down to London I guess but new year beckoning. 

• Yes, I can ship and update you with the tracking number.

Here's my email for quick reply : suhrtone@gmail.com

That's my conversation. Seemed fine but seemed odd that last bit, so I bailed. 

Hope it goes OK for everyone. 
    not the email referenced here, second page. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/32123/suhr-scott-henderson-model-sold

edit: appreciate this is commenting on a FS thread but there’s a community interest in this. I hope it’s all above board and simply a changed email. 
  • Agree there is a community interest, wonder if any other members had successful dealings with this individual.     
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1989
    Why have the prices disappeared on this and the Dusenberg. Isn't that against the rules of the for sale ads. I hope the buyers get these guitars but something doesn't smell right to me. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't this this guy is too worried about the rules, don't think I will be getting the guitar.    Not sure why but he has now edited the ads.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1989
    I don't this this guy is too worried about the rules, don't think I will be getting the guitar.    Not sure why but he has now edited the ads.
    It's just another irregularity is all. I really do hope you get the guitar but radio silence is never a good thing. Not sure what your comeback is. How did you pay and presumably there's a bank account that can be traced to reverse the transaction if you still don't hear tomorrow. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    edited December 2023
    @moderators, please can we reinstate the original ad (& the Mike Campbell one) and lock down @suhrtone's account. Its evident the ads placed are clones of ads from the US and they are fraudsters. I would assume the old account has been cloned. I've emailed their previous address highlighting what's happening on here so would be grateful if you can help out here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8787
    Research by another member:

Both the descriptions used in this ad and the Duesenberg are word for word copies of adverts from US listings on offer up. We can’t view them in the UK without a VPN but if you google the wording in the adverts they are listed. 

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1622078017 - the Gibson

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1620286052 - Duesenberg 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.