SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guitar clearout

What's Hot
lysanderlysander Frets: 574
edited January 24 in Guitars £
The guitar collection is getting too large again and needs trimming.
All of these play very well, but many of those are modded in some way / projects and priced accordingly.
Collection in SE23 only. Anyone interested in buying more than one will get priority.

• Ibanez AZ242 premium : £450 Great guitar, excellent neck. Has had a lot of play time but the frets being SS are pretty much as new. A few small scratches here and there. I replaced the Dynaswitch system and pickups that I really didn't like by a series/parallel/split wiring, and Alegree old timer "scoop" pickups which are very close to T tops and split very well. Original electronics including switches and pickups will be included. Niggles : bridge pickup slightly titled towards the bridge, the foam just needs a bit of adjusting.
  • Revelation RFT DLX : £200. Immaculate fit ad inish and fretwork, these guys know what they are doing. I replaced the original pickups - which were horrible - by some Alegree Sea Smoke P90s which are by themselves nearly worth the asking price. Original pickups included if you really want them. Niggles : it's very heavy
  • The Paul build : £250. GSPBasses build with mahogany body and neck, ebony fretboard, modern countours, stainless steel frets, 43mm earvana nut, fairly chunky neck, finished in shellac by myself. Active GFS pickups, Gotoh hardware including locking tuners. Niggles: the neck pickup alignement is slightly off for pickup poles ( not an issue with actives ), a few scratches, the earvana nut is OK but a normal nut would be better IMO
  • Vintage ICON series strats : £150 for the lot of two ( SSS + HSS ). The SSS is mostly stock though I replaced the rusty saddles ( originals ones included ), I also gave it a fret dress which it badly needed, now plays well with medium low action and smooth frets.
    The HSS was a bit of a project, it was originally coated in at least a mm of plastic finish on top of a dodgy relic job - I stripped it and refinished in another dodgy relic ( blue on top of copper ). It's not master custom shop level but has its charm if you're into it. Also had a fret fress by myself and plays well with medium low action and smooth frets.
  • Fender Mexican Tele - was initially noiseless but that was a bit pants, now has Alegree pickups. Locking tuners, very nicely figured Pau Ferro fretboard, 12 inch radius, was fret dressed by Feline guitars a few years ago and barely any wear since then. £450

Photos here:
https://imgbox.com/gallery/edit/Qt6X55kg8C/TmSK2VnzRMmDGjBS
https://imgbox.com/gallery/edit/EtcPryDMlZ/HcU1MAvTYj9hWvnF

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If you were closer you would take those
    vintage Icons of you
    that’s a reet bargain  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7875
    Tempted by the tele. What’s the neck like?
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    The neck is a modern / relatively thin C I would say 
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Got super excited for those strats but then noticed the 10" radius. Not for me. I'll help you with the pictures, though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    The tele looks great but what does the bootlace tie do ?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7875
    Dominic said:
    The tele looks great but what does the bootlace tie do ?
    Guessing it’s to quell the wolftones.

cant have a rebel Irish band hanging out near your bridge. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It’s indeed to stop the portion of strings behind the bridge from ringing, which gives some metallic overtone that one may or may not like :)
    The strats are gone.
    Bump 
    Bump, the Paul on hold for now as I tinker with it and see if I want to keep it.
    Added fender telecaster, the paul still on hold.

bump
    Bump