SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bird Golden Eagle vintage valve combo FS

Bit of an oddity this one, and the result of one of my Wine and Ebay evenings. I decided collecting obscure old amps would be fun. My wife, normally very tolerant of my nerding, doesn't agree. Without the Bordeaux, neither do I, so here it is.

I don't know a lot about it except that it has three elliptical speakers that look like they have alnico magnets, two EL84s in the power section, a little tube rectifier and, and ECC83s and an EF86 in the rest of it. Plus a tremolo and spring reverb.

It works – after a fashion. But it's very distorted and pops and farts a lot. I don't know what it needs to make it work properly, except to say that the transformers are obviously okay.

There's not much online about Bird, but it seems they started life as an organ manufacture and were based in Dorset. Other than that, I know nothing.

So there you have it. Give me £150 and it's yours. Start your own obscure old amps collection (add bottle of Bordeaux for instant enthusiasm).

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments