• mankytommankytom Frets: 235
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tom-regan

Payday bump… give what you can
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 987
    Bump for this. 
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    So 3rd feb is the expected resolution date. So 5 days after the deadline for the scammer to respond. Think it’s with PayPal to review now so hopefully not long
    Fingers crossed for you @Fifty9 ;

@glitterjet I will get cash to you as soon after as I can

still time to donate all..

over 8000 views now and about £400 donated. Assuming  everyone had donated 30p when they looked, we’d have been able to reimburse both losses fully. 30p wouldn’t get you much these days… but the reassurance of a little bit of community spirit in a difficult situation seems cheap to me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 644
    Added some.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2533
    edited February 1
    Just popped a few quid on there. Good luck guys 1
    Now 13th Feb estimated case resolution. I don’t know how this just keeps slipping back and back. 
    Has anyone else gone through such a process? It’s crazy. Putting me right off using PayPal again. What’s the point of g&s if it takes ~2 months to resolve.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3271
    Fifty9 said:
    Now 13th Feb estimated case resolution. I don’t know how this just keeps slipping back and back. 
    Has anyone else gone through such a process? It’s crazy. Putting me right off using PayPal again. What’s the point of g&s if it takes ~2 months to resolve.
    Phone and demand to speak to a uk based employee. You’ll have to battle, but usually after several rounds of escalation things get sorted swiftly. What ever you do, don’t wait on them -you need to chase aggressively. 
    I will do. Last time they said about seller responding and reviewing their response but this time was just a random 10 days added. Previously it was ‘seller has until x date to respond’ and then a 5 days for PayPal to review the scammers response. Two rounds of this now.

Bottom line is item wasn’t received and there is no proof otherwise - not even that I received the wrong thing - so what are they waiting for? Will be taking that line tomorrow and after 2 rounds of ‘seeking info from the seller’ there is no more excuse. I’ll be asking what the scammer has been saying in their response as it can’t be something to cast doubt on my claim.
    Really frustrating man!!

means more time for people to donate though!

donate if you can guys! 
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 626
    I had an issue with a scammer where they kept issuing e-cheque refunds. Obviously they bounced every time, but in the eyes of the PayPal system there was a resolution pending, as it takes up to 10 days for an e-cheque to clear or bounce. Took literally days on the phone with PayPal to get it sorted. Check whether this is happening with you.
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1150
    Donated.
    Epsilon said:
    I had an issue with a scammer where they kept issuing e-cheque refunds. Obviously they bounced every time, but in the eyes of the PayPal system there was a resolution pending, as it takes up to 10 days for an e-cheque to clear or bounce. Took literally days on the phone with PayPal to get it sorted. Check whether this is happening with you.
     Thanks. Will find out
    @Fifty9 any news man? 

Everyone else - still time to donate 
    Spoke to them on Sat. They said they were validating the payment url the scammer gave me to pay as it looks on their system like I checked out on TikTok which isn’t covered u dear g&s… Ahem no.

on Sat they said this Tue (6th) and now it says 16th The conspiracy theorist in me says PayPal are going to wait until my final pay in 3 goes through at the end of this month and tell me I’m out of luck and they can’t help…

If it does down that way it means PayPal g&s may not actually be foolproof either!
    Oh man. What a ballache.

i think it’s face to face deals for me only from
    now on.

keep us posted!!
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1483
    How we doing with this guys?
    Just waiting to hear from @Fifty9 where he got to before distributing the funds

still time to donate!
    Now 24th Feb… 
    Now 29th Feb. Last pay in 3 instalment due 28th so let’s see if they’re just waiting it out before telling me tough luck…