I need a pedal to do a few special effects.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10412
    I'm looking at the H90 from Eventide now ... this actually sounds .. to my ears .. much more quality than all the other options I've looked at so far and it will fit on the board. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 277
    edited January 10
    For that price it should sound magnificent.

The interface seems a bit tedious though?

If I was spending that kind of money, I would probably look at a combination of their 'factor' pedals.  It would take a lot more space, but would give you lots of knobular* control.

*If that isn't actually a word, then it should be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 165
    How about a TC electronic Plethora?

There is a toneprint setting for each of effects you want:
    - The Flashback presets for the delay
    - Hall of Fame shimmer reverb, 
    - Quintessence toneprints for the harmonizer
    - There is a hall of fame swell toneprint for the fade in effect

So you could assign a toneprint preset to each of the slots on the pedal then you can treat each slot like individual pedals for each effect you need.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364

Ha!  I had forgotten that the Boss Harmonist does that.  And I actually use one!

The harmony functions don't really work for me - a little bit laggy, and an utter pain to fiddle precisely with a tiny little button every time you want to change key.

I just leave the gadget set up to give parallel fourths.  This works really well (the person credited with the insight was Joe Zawinul, who used it to thicken up MiniMoog lines):

*  In a dominant scale (alright, mixolydian for those classically trained), a fourth up from any note is in the same scale, except that a fourth up from the 7th gives you a sharp 9 ... which usually sounds awesome.  Simply channel the ghost of Jimi Hendrix for confirmation.  

*  In a major scale, a fourth up from any note is in the same scale, except that a fourth up from the 4th is a flat 7, which will sound wierd.  The work-around is to play a sharp 4 instead of a 4.  Trust me, it just works.  

*  In a minor scale, a fourth up from any note is also in the same minor scale, except that a fourth up from the 3rd gives you a sharp 5 (or flat 6 if you look at it that way).  So the third might be an "avoid" note if you are in a dorian or medodic minor scale.  It will be fine if you are in a phrygian, aeolian or harmonic minor, or you are playing Jazz and using Altered harmony.  Try it on your specific tune and see. 

In simplest form:

Dominant: just play
    Major: use a sharp 4th
    Minor: maybe avoid the 3rd - try it and see
    Exactly, which is also why the 4th-5th setting is the best on the Whammy. I almost never used anything else when I had one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4783
    Danny1969 said:
    I'm looking at the H90 from Eventide now ... this actually sounds .. to my ears .. much more quality than all the other options I've looked at so far and it will fit on the board. 
    @Danny1969 I'm a couple of weeks into the H90 and I've taken the Strymon Mobius and GT1000Core (as an MFX, not an amp modeller) off my board as a result. They're great pedals, but the H90 sounds just as good or better for the sounds I was set up for. It's also able to do some things I just couldn't or wouldn't use the other ones for. I'm going to write something for an NPD post shortly, but it will still only be scratching the surface. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10412
    Danny1969 said:
    @Danny1969 I'm a couple of weeks into the H90 and I've taken the Strymon Mobius and GT1000Core (as an MFX, not an amp modeller) off my board as a result. They're great pedals, but the H90 sounds just as good or better for the sounds I was set up for. It's also able to do some things I just couldn't or wouldn't use the other ones for. I'm going to write something for an NPD post shortly, but it will still only be scratching the surface. 
    Yeah I would be interested in reading your NPD post. I wasn't aware of the H90 till a Youtube video popped up and straight away I thought the unit sounded a step up from the normal Line 6 and Boss stuff. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk