Reverb UK site

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
edited December 2023 in FX
Any reason why I shouldn't use/try Reverb UK for my struggly Kingsley pedals?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Same as all other selling site. 
    Be careful of scammers. 
    Be prepared to pay a good sum of the sale price to the site . 

Over all I've had many more good experiences than bad. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    Folk say budget for 8%....scammers...are they obvious?
    tae be or not tae be
  • I’ve had no problems as a seller, but one recently as a buyer
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • Moved. This isn't for the classifieds!
    <space for hire>
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2199
    It's ok - fees have gone up a bit recently though.  I'd wait for an eBay 80% off fvf offer for maximum coverage and value. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    I've had a much better experience on Reverb than eBay, and much more interest for items there's than on here of late. They might take a % but you can generally get best prices for things there Vs here (no fees if you trust them/part of community, but expectation of a bargain - good for quick sale) or eBay (shitshow, last resort) or Gumtree for that matter (worth a punt before you commit to shipping it particularly for amps).

I've had only good experiences with Reverb and tend to post items on there at the same time as here for ~10% more and somewhat surprisingly tend to sell on Reverb first. 

Scammers usually obvious - don't take the conversation off the site, don't let them arrange their own courier, use PayPal if you can. Worry about anyone messaging you with higher-than-British levels of enthusiasm. If they want it they'll pay the full asking or make an offer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 571
    Reverb works well and I’ve had no problems with a lot of transactions as seller and buyer. Will sell there I am sure but being honest I think the reason your Kingsleys are taking a while is that most of his pedals are now available without much waiting and the prices you listed are toppy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    Reverb is good Hoots…

If I may say, they havent sold maybe, due to pricing… they are a bit strong :)
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    I’ve had good luck with Reverb. Total fees around 12% I think once the payment processing fee is included. 
  • I've only ever had good experiences on Reverb.
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1451
    I use it mostly with success. Had just one tricky person. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    This should show selling prices for Kingsley stuff on reverb, I would agree that some of your prices may be optimistic, others not so bad. I tend to price here at the Reverb selling price minus the fees and a minus a bit more for risk reduction. Still doesn’t mean I’ll sell here and for expensive or niche pedals Reverb has worked better.

https://reverb.com/uk/marketplace?query=kingsley&make=kingsley&product_type=effects-and-pedals&item_region=GB&show_only_sold=true
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    Remember that if you're listing second hand stuff on Reverb, you need to find out how much a new one costs, then double it, add ~10%, roll a D20, then add an extra £20 just for good luck. It seems to be the done thing.

Oh, and don't forget to add £24.99 postage costs. Pedals are really heavy these days. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve only sold 12 and bought 9 items on Reverb over 4-5 years, but I’m yet to have a bad experience.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    Bought and sold tons. Easily over 100 things. 1 issue as a buyer. 1 as a seller. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    ...and then allow for HMRC to take their cut of the sale of items tax has already been paid on! :/

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    edited January 3
    Gadget said:
    ...and then allow for HMRC to take their cut of the sale of items tax has already been paid on!

Not unless you sell it for more than you bought it for.

"It's only those people who are making a profit from selling second-hand items"

And even then there's a £1,000 a year tax-free bit. I doubt anyone on here is making a grand a year profit, most people seem to sell stuff for what they paid for it.

Now, if you've got a Klon lying around...
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10223
    edited January 3
    Gadget said:
    ...and then allow for HMRC to take their cut of the sale of items tax has already been paid on!

Not unless you sell it for more than you bought it for.

"It's only those people who are making a profit from selling second-hand items"

And even then there's a £1,000 a year tax-free bit. I doubt anyone on here is making a grand a year profit, most people seem to sell stuff for what they paid for it.

Now, if you've got a Klon lying around...
    That would be capital gains tax anyway, and there's an allowance for that too  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    edited January 4
    After 35 years of collecting/playing, my gear collection does indeed run well into the thousands (as I'm sure it does for quite a few on this board). Maybe no Centaur, but plenty of other £2K+ individual items.

I don't know much about tax, but from what I've read it's pretty clear that in excess of a £1k profit in a year would leave sellers liable.

Just one sold item could generate a £1K+ profit. A guitar, pedal or rack effect I bought in the 80s could easily have risen from a couple of hundred pounds paid then, to ten times that now. Alas, I bet this 'profit' wouldn't take any account of inflation over the years and the fact that £200 then might have been equivalent to £2k now!

I'm not a trader or flipper. I have most of what I need and future trading is likely to be downsizing, so it does concern me that the authorities would seek to tax me on sales of gear on which tax was paid new, tax was paid secondhand if it came from a shop, and has passively increased in value over the years to show a 'paper profit' now.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    Guys.....who to include in sale.....EU OK?

OK to use PP too ?

Don't fancy sending further than EU
    tae be or not tae be