MXR Joshua

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
Presumably this was the closest they could get to a release on New Year’s Day.

https://youtu.be/UZ_x2JSf6W4?si=3EYYM2QZrWvOkQST
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Stereo delay with modulation, secondary delay (subdivisions of the first delay), optional tap (I think effectively if you have it as an always on pedal the footswitch becomes your tap), reverb as a hidden feature,etc. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1677
    Presumably this was the closest they could get to a release on New Year’s Day.

They originally intended to release it on the 1st, but a technical issue was leading to no output signal.

All was quiet, on New Year's Day.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    In the Name of Love, what were they thinking?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Looks like a cool pedal and sounds really good, but I think the price might have to come down for it to be a popular choice. 240 USD seems a tad steep.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    I like that it has the secondary delay option - that's something that most people don't realise is there on Streets, Bad & Still Haven't Found.

Without watching the whole vid it's not obvious if the secondary delay feedback/level are all possible to adjust independently. The time being a subdivision of the main delay is ok I think, but obv a little bit limited compared to having both delay lines linked to a tapped tempo. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    https://youtu.be/EmUp2RxwCss?si=bx9r26IMNQdEhNyC

Posh MXR demo. There are a few things up now. 
    I like that it has the secondary delay option - that's something that most people don't realise is there on Streets, Bad & Still Haven't Found.

Without watching the whole vid it's not obvious if the secondary delay feedback/level are all possible to adjust independently. The time being a subdivision of the main delay is ok I think, but obv a little bit limited compared to having both delay lines linked to a tapped tempo. 
    Certainly the levels are a secondary function. I think feedback although without searching through a long video I’m less certain. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26593
    That actually looks like the delay pedal I wanted about 10 years ago. Would've saved me endless faff with multiple pedals trying to get the dual delay right.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Certainly the levels are a secondary function. I think feedback although without searching through a long video I’m less certain. 
    Assuming they're there in secondary functions then this looks like a really good pedal. The Timefactor is the only other pedal I've ever had that's got dual delays really right, but it's huge and a pain to power and pain to switch presets. Not that this has presets (I assume!) but still..! 
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3673
    edited January 2
    I think I will keep my DD200.. needs presets with that many options.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    I was expecting a pedal with more clout & ‘upper cut…. B)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138

Pretty much why I first bought a Strymon DiG tbh, and it nails this use-case! 

Pretty much why I first bought a Strymon DiG tbh, and it nails this use-case! 
    Yeah me too, but I didn't like it enough to keep it. I'm happier with HX Stomp and shortly-incoming HX One for the same thing. 

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I’ve just discovered the joys of two delays, one his looks good and easier to use than the Halo. I do think that have the joyous sound I’m getting is living digital delay with a shorter analog though so will prob stick with two. 
    I think I will keep my DD200.. needs presets with that many options.
    There is an expression pedal option (may have to sacrifice an output) which effectively gives you a toe down preset. Although once you start adding extra bits maybe you might as well be looking at bigger box delays. Also not clear what you can change between the two positions apart from the more basic stuff. 

Just looking at the longer MXR video there is a subtle octave function which I think that first video I posted missed. Although they did pick up on the reverb and the compression. You can set mix and regen separately for the second delay (asked above). Using an external tap there is also a Freeze mode (I think that’s shown in the short MXR demo). 

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    £270!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    It took me a *long* time to work out the reasoning behind the name... very edgey. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    I love Andy’s demo and I was very tempted indeed.

Then I saw the price.

Nope.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • £270!
    It's not far off the price of a used Halo.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I love Andy’s demo and I was very tempted indeed.
    He's good at that. Possibly the best in the business