Cheap HX Stomp XL on Reverb - too good to be true?

What's Hot
LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1074
Saw this live on Reverb earlier today.  £96 + £6 P&P (from Stockholm) for an HX Stomp XL. 

https://reverb.com/uk/item/77750349-hx-stomp-xl-multi-effects-guitar-pedal-amp-modeler-excellent

I hesitated because it's too good to be true.  Seller had no feedback.  Checked 5 mins later and it's gone. 

Not that I even needed this unit but that's a huge bargain!  Either someone bought it or the seller pulled it.  Could this possibly have been a scam?  I'm just thinking how it could have been because a buyer could easily report it to Reverb if things went sideways and get their money back.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    Scam or pricing error I'd say. 

Why would anyone sell one for so little? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26593
    Silly price? Check.
    Copy-paste description? Check.
    No other items for sale? Check.

<space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    F&F payment?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138
    Saw this live on Reverb earlier today.  £96 + £6 P&P (from Stockholm) for an HX Stomp XL. 

https://reverb.com/uk/item/77750349-hx-stomp-xl-multi-effects-guitar-pedal-amp-modeler-excellent

I hesitated because it's too good to be true.  Seller had no feedback.  Checked 5 mins later and it's gone. 

Not that I even needed this unit but that's a huge bargain!  Either someone bought it or the seller pulled it.  Could this possibly have been a scam?  I'm just thinking how it could have been because a buyer could easily report it to Reverb if things went sideways and get their money back.

No it is not a bargain. It is a scam. The pictures came from a listing on US Ebay and sold in October. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235252178093?_trksid=p2349526.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow, well spotted.  I take it you did a reverse image search to find that?  Must try that next time.
    Still struggling to understand how this scammer could get away with it on Reverb though.  Reverb would've held the funds until the sale is completed and buyer is satisfied.  Or push comes to shove Reverb would claw back the money if it's reached the selller already.    
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138
    Yes, reverse image search and then some tracking down.

• SpaceaceukSpaceaceuk Frets: 18
    Getting increasingly worrying there seems to be more and more scammers targetting the used music market.