NAGD - Seagull Coastline S6 2007

What's Hot
NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 775
I promised myself I wouldn't buy any new gear in 2024 but this purchase happened with just a few hours left of 2023 so doesn't count. I only collected it today. 

Having sold my beloved Fender CD220 acoustic guitar (probably to buy another electric guitar) some 6-7 years ago I've been missing a good acoustic guitar for noodles and campfire songs. 

This is a Seagull (I hate seagulls! They steal your chips and sandwiches, vermin of the skies) Coastline S6. It has a spruce top and cherry back and sides. Sounds nice and warm as long as my strumming hand doesn't wonder towards the bridge to much. This one was a bargain at under £250 plus an additional £20 thanks for a PayPal offer though it has quite a few knocks and scratches which I am aware they are known for. This one was made in March 2007 on my daughter's birthday in Canada. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5453
    Yay! A Seagull owner on the forum. I've always wanted to try a Seagull: they have nice roomy necks (at least with some models) which few guitars made outside Europe do; they are made in Canada (we Australians like Canada); they are made with remarkable attention to sustainable and ethical timber supply (an example - that cherry back, far better than yet more bloody rosewood), and even the Americans (who are notoriously parochial and reflexively diss anything not made in the USA) seem to think they are pretty good. 

Against that, they epoxy in neck joints (which is a crime against humanity) and ICBM says that they are prone to headstock breaks. 

No matter, it looks great and I'd lover to try it. Enjoy!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    Tannin said:
    Yay! A Seagull owner on the forum. 
    There is another one.. my S6 Original is ace.. I paid peanuts for it and it's got me through many a gig. I fitted a K&C pure mini and whilst it may not be the 'nicest' acoustic guitar money can buy (by a long way!) it certainly punches pretty high for what I paid.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 775
    Tannin said:
    Yay! A Seagull owner on the forum. 
    There is another one.. my S6 Original is ace.. I paid peanuts for it and it's got me through many a gig. I fitted a K&C pure mini and whilst it may not be the 'nicest' acoustic guitar money can buy (by a long way!) it certainly punches pretty high for what I paid.
    Welcome to the clan, the Seagull clan ;)

I might have to try a K&C pickup in future. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tannin said:
    Yay! A Seagull owner on the forum. I've always wanted to try a Seagull: they have nice roomy necks (at least with some models) which few guitars made outside Europe do; they are made in Canada (we Australians like Canada); they are made with remarkable attention to sustainable and ethical timber supply (an example - that cherry back, far better than yet more bloody rosewood), and even the Americans (who are notoriously parochial and reflexively diss anything not made in the USA) seem to think they are pretty good. 

Against that, they epoxy in neck joints (which is a crime against humanity) and ICBM says that they are prone to headstock breaks. 

No matter, it looks great and I'd lover to try it. Enjoy!
    Oh nice. Some great info here. All I know is it sounds good and feels great to play. 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    HNGD - I bet that thing is powerful!
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 233
    Looks good. I think it deserves a better stand than the metal coat hanger though......!
     =)

• tomjaxtomjax Frets: 74
    I've had my Seagull S6 for over thirty years, it was my first decent quality guitar and I hang onto it - it still sounds great despite all the war wounds and wear to the soundboard! Enjoy...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Soupman said:
    Looks good. I think it deserves a better stand than the metal coat hanger though......!
     =)

Totally. This was the shop photo to be honest. I haven’t really put it down to a photo at home yet.