Les Paul Refret

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Which reminds me, the Jackson* is coming up for some fretwork. I'll probably be calling Mr Feline....

*the ESP is heading in that direction too....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Smart Guitars in Oxford did a lovely refret on my vintage 330

• slateslate Frets: 89
    edited October 2014
  • I'm very scared of when my ebony fretboard PRS need re-fretted!!
    Dude, you've just bought it. A refret is years and years away. Don't fret ;-)
    Hopefully 10+ years away :D
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Feline did my PRS CU22 to Jumbo Frets,its superb!
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    +1 for the work Feline did on my guitar, though only a dress not a refret. 

In the earlier stages of the wonderful "Local shop set up my guitar" thread, a few other highly-respected luthiers' names were thrown about that might better suit where you live. Look it up. Or there's always the trusty "Recommended Luthiers & Techs" sticky. :)

• breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    Cheers for the replies.

I was looking at buying a used a LP - it's a cracking guitar, but not the nicest top or colour, the price is higher than I think it's worth & I reckon it'll need a re-fret pretty soon. So, not a great deal, really. In fact, I've pretty much decided against it now!

I'm in Ireland, by the way, & I don't know of a tech I'd trust with a re-fret. I usually work on my own guitars but I wouldn't dare attempt something like that myself, especially not after the advice above. I'll check out the "Recommended Luthiers & Techs" sticky, maybe there's someone decent I'm not aware of.

I'm fairly sure I'll pass on this one - the more Feline Lions I see, the more I wonder what the hell I'm doing looking at Gibsons!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom