Who do I need? (guitar tech/pickup manufacturer/builder)

What's Hot
So I have a Fender Prodigy guitar I want to do a full electronics and pickguard replacement for, but I'm not sure if there is a single person that can do it all. For the pickups I have a G&L z coil already but I need an SH tele style pair with the tele bridge pup ideally being tapped and the neck bucker being either a firebird or some kind of relatively high output filtertron.

So I need
1. New pickups (probably a custom set from one of the multiple small UK manufacturers)
2. A new pickguard, as this is for Prodigy (which is unusual) the pickguard will probably be custom job. I dont want to lose the original one so will have to be traced I guess, but I imagine it's easier with the original on hand for comparison. There is a company in America that can just out new Prodigy pickguards and holes for standard pickups but not the weird pickup combo I want
3. New electronics, something like a Nashville Tele style with a 5 way switch and and at least one push-pull pot 

What I'm not sure on is if there is a single person that can do it all, I guess this would have to be a custom luthier? Is it a case of buying the pickups and then a guitar tech that does custom pickguards (or buying in a blank prodigy template from the US and having someone here cut out the pickup holes)?

So is there anyone that you recommend for this kind of awkward project, ideally based near Nottingham?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    For the uninitiated, the Fender Prodigy guitar was an "offset" Stratocaster. It has a swimming pool pickup rout. Thus, with a bespoke pickguard, any pickup combination should be possible - except, maybe, a full-size Charlie Christian single coil.

Assuming that an outline-only pickguard can be obtained, templates will be required for the pickup cut-outs.

Filter'Tron DC resistance stats are deceptive. "A relatively high output 'Tron" will overpower a typical 7 - 8k vintage style Telecaster bridge/Treble pickup. 4 - 5k would be plenty.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom