Enjoyed this pep talk

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10893
Good dose of perspective 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7269
    edited January 6
    I got about half way through the video and had to stop.  All the skipping from one camera to the other and fast patter annoyed and distracted me and I couldn't begin to try and focus on what he was trying to say, and what he was trying to say came across to me as being very disjointed and in some places even contradictory.  He mentions that he has ADD, so perhaps this has a knock-on effect to the style of his presentation.  To my knowledge I don't have ADD, but I felt as though I had after watching some of his video.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    @BillDL oh sorry lol. I do have ADHD so perhaps that's why it resonated with me
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7269
    Geez, I would have thought the exact opposite would have been true.  I'll try and watch it again in its entirety and see whether I can follow it better despite the distractions.  Maybe I've just become less patient and my powers of concentration have waned as I've passed 60  :)
    @BillDL I wouldn't watch it again if his presentation style annoys you lol. The main takeaway for me was to practice one thing at a time until it's completely effortless, then move on to the next thing, could take days, could take weeks. He also touches on getting into the right headspace to perform and not being cocky about your ability 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7343
    edited January 6
    BillDL said:
    I got about half way through the video and had to stop.  All the skipping from one camera to the other and fast patter annoyed and distracted me and I couldn't begin to try and focus on what he was trying to say, and what he was trying to say came across to me as being very disjointed and in some places even contradictory.  He mentions that he has ADD, so perhaps this has a knock-on effect to the style of his presentation.  To my knowledge I don't have ADD, but I felt as though I had after watching some of his video.
    Hahaha yeah I'm 15 seconds in and there's been 12 camera changes. Just close your eyes.

It's to cater to the TikTok generation with a 10 second attention span. Now this is happening! Now we're over here! This video is just talking so we're going to split the screen in 2 and to keep your attention we've got a mobile racing game for you to watch on the bottom half of the screen!
    Honestly I didn't notice the editing, it just felt like a normal pace to me lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    18 camera cuts in the first 30 seconds - I couldn’t watch it :(
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom