Post Your Band’s Best Song

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2051
Having just bumped the thread with my bands album release I had the idea to create this thread.

You have one chance to let the entire world hear just one of your bands original tracks. Which one is it, post them here and let’s hear them!! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    edited January 6
    I'm not a band but I'll play. I've written more articulate and adventurous stuff since, which are probably more interesting musically and I've been pleased with my progress in that sense, but one of the first songs I did after realising as an adult I could sing a bit is still the one I think is the best overall. Yes it nicks the first line from an American folk song but pretty much everything I ever write has some kind of plagiarism in it.

I present my song If, originally a tFB Composition Challenge entry wayyyy back, the theme was "a new sound", it went down well so when I did a little EP of my songs I redid it a tone higher and added a verse. The old version is still somewhere on the Fretboard's own Soundcloud profile but this is the most recent version

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    I wrote this in 2020 when we were all locked down and some of use were beginning to feel the pressure. I played guitar, the main piano riff and  bass guitar over a beat from  a YT standard BPM clip. Then I sent it to our keyboard player who added some superb keys.The vocals were recorded in a makeshift booth I made in my garden as I wanted to produce the vocals but we weren't allowed to mix households at the time. Our singer entered my back garden and went straight into the vocal booth where I had rigged up a Rhode NT2 feed into my house and a stereo playback feed for his cans 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2051
    Danny1969 said:
    I wrote this in 2020 when we were all locked down and some of use were beginning to feel the pressure. I played guitar, the main piano riff and  bass guitar over a beat from  a YT standard BPM clip. Then I sent it to our keyboard player who added some superb keys.The vocals were recorded in a makeshift booth I made in my garden as I wanted to produce the vocals but we weren't allowed to mix households at the time. Our singer entered my back garden and went straight into the vocal booth where I had rigged up a Rhode NT2 feed into my house and a stereo playback feed for his cans 

This is awesome, great video too. Really hearing vibes of The Suoernaturals ‘It Doesn’t Matter Anymore’ an album I love and used to listen to a lot. I hope that’s a compliment it’s certainly intended as one
    I'm not a band but I'll play. I've written more articulate and adventurous stuff since, which are probably more interesting musically and I've been pleased with my progress in that sense, but one of the first songs I did after realising as an adult I could sing a bit is still the one I think is the best overall. Yes it nicks the first line from an American folk song but pretty much everything I ever write has some kind of plagiarism in it.

I present my song If, originally a tFB Composition Challenge entry wayyyy back, the theme was "a new sound", it went down well so when I did a little EP of my songs I redid it a tone higher and added a verse. The old version is still somewhere on the Fretboard's own Soundcloud profile but this is the most recent version

Amazing stuff here Matt, loved both versions but the latest one definitely feels right for the track to me. It sounds like it should be the score on the closing episode of my favourite tv show where all the plots are being tied up in a montage… makes sense in my head but may be nonsense lol!! Again intended as a compliment in the highest form, well done mate 
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 854
    Wow, all great tracks here folks…nice
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    edited January 7
    Wow, all great tracks here folks…nice
    There is a lot of amazing talent on this forum, this thread should provide a great opportunity to showcase that alongside the composition and cover competitions
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    I joined this band a year ago on guitar, mandolin and bottleneck slide (the previous chap played lap steel).  All original songs.

These were recorded before I joined, I've played them live and we're in the process of recording the next EP.  

Two songs is cheating I know but it shows different styles of the band:

https://open.spotify.com/track/4CMMlHVOmkzEsMxdE6mYqc?si=bea467f860714d55

https://open.spotify.com/track/6rEtqhCXxZhCtyJVYvzM4R?si=7c9b9cd28803426d

• Bob_GnarlyBob_Gnarly Frets: 139
    Wrote this a good few years ago now but have never been able to record a version I'm happy with. Failed again last year :(
    I haven’t got much on line that I like, but this one from my previous three piece is ok…
    https://youtu.be/RkwmNLTyJds?si=z1b8OwZgao_b5iMa
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    For Rich List id probably pick this one. I think it’s the one that best covers the way I write / play guitar. Nice and dramatic recording too, and was a very pleasing session all round. 

• stickersticker Frets: 869
    This is my favourite track by my old band … and by old I mean this was at the tail end of the last millennium, Britpop was slowly dying, TFI was still essential viewing , and mags like Loaded were still a thing …. 

• HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    I've never been in a band, and only really got into home recording after two significant health issues. So I'm little more than an enthusiastic amateur.

I have discovered though that I quite like writing lyrics, and that they either seem to be tongue-in-cheek or quite dark. I think my contribution here is in the former category, though it could do with better production.

Habanero said:
    I've never been in a band, and only really got into home recording after two significant health issues. So I'm little more than an enthusiastic amateur.

I have discovered though that I quite like writing lyrics, and that they either seem to be tongue-in-cheek or quite dark. I think my contribution here is in the former category, though it could do with better production.

Takes me back to the seventies.
       Reminds a bit of my mates band ‘The Milton underground resistance’.
       Keep it up and get yerself a band mate.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    I would like to think the best is yet to come, but this one is a particular favourite, not really a "band" but a collaboration with @Bezzer providing keys and strings to epic effect: 

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    This isn't on any platforms yet, but we have it as a bonus download for signing up to our mailing list:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5135wb216la3i2/Disastermind - Razor Party.mp3?dl=0
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    Have just enjoyed listening to every one of these just now whilst pretending to work. Such a great variety of styles and personalities coming through from the tracks, well done all.

it's definitely adding to my realisation that I really need to get somebody else to do my productions for me when I do stuff
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic