Mounting wireless receiver underneath pedal board

What's Hot
relic245relic245 Frets: 962
Any reason not to?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4225
    I tried it with a Boss WL-50 and it led to signal drop out. Admittedly it’s not what you’d call a pro-level wireless system so others may be different. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What type of wireless is it?  If it’s a Line 6 you won’t be able to change channels or “cable length” Setting if it’s inaccessible 
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1369
    edited January 7
    My understanding is that you get the most reliable wireless transmission when there is"line of sight" between transmitter and receiver.

Also, if there are any problems (forgot to charge transmitter battery is a not unknown one, and there are others) are you not making life difficult for yourself if you ned to take the wireless system out of the equation, and plug a cable from your guitar direct into the next pedal along the line?

I have recently replaced my wireless system. My old one gave me years of good service, bot I stood on the aerials occasionally and eventually broke both completely off.
     I now have a very nice Shure Wireless System. The Receiver is Pedal sized and not only has aTuner built in, but also has second Input which bypasses the Wireless System completely. So, if you have any problems using the Wireless System, you grab a cable and plug your guitar into this second Input. This is directly connected to the Output and onward to your other Pedals.

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    Personally I like my Boss WL-50 on top of the board because it’s easy to charge the transmitter that plugs in.
    Even if it worked under the board it would be a right pain in the Arsenal to use.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27077
    I've been thinking about this for my Shure GLXD16+ recently, just to free up another spot on the top of the board. Trouble is you then can't access the buttons very easily if you need to manually switch channels or whatever. So I'm looking at probably a slightly bigger board instead
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Well I've rebuilt my pedal board today and in the end has enough room to keep it on the top, so no need to find out...
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited January 8
    I used to have the shure glxd16 wireless unit. Sold it. But I think I might get the newer one though as it was so very awesome  

I’d need a bigger board then though. Very dangerous decision that’ll be though lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/