Open coils - fancy a cheap and easy colour change? Info share...

What's Hot
Hi everyone.
I've spent my spare time over the last month or so working on transforming my 2009 Gibson LP Standard into a guitar that looks like one that's been around since the 60s. And yes, you can use the word "relic" liberally here if it makes you happy.
:)
I might make a thread about my adventures in relic land if anyone shows interest but, for now, I wanted to share an easy and CHEAP (woo hoo!) way to change any open coils you might have to another colour/s entirely.
Long story short, I currently have a Monty's Underwound PAF in double cream in the neck position of my LP and a Seymour Duncan AlNiCo II Slash (zebra) in the bridge. I've been hankering for that double cream look I both positions for a while but...I really love the Slash humbucker in the bridge so...what to do?
I wandered over to eBay and found these:

Obviously, I bought a set of the cream ones.
Before...

After...

:)
Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4163
    I got some pink ones for Christmas for my yellow RG & some disappearing Pyramid inlays ones 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7238
    I wish I had found cream ones while looking a couple of years ago.  All I could find were vibrant colours and ones that looked like fishing lures.  It seems quite expensive for what they are, and it probably only costs the seller about £1 to make them, but it would have been a lot less hassle than having to make one of my own (zebra to double cream like you) from a sticker I found that had a cream area just large enough.