Celtic rhythm and lead guitar

BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1113
I'm struggling to find a good resource for Celtic guitar lessons.

What I'm looking for is probably quite specific.

Invariably what I find is either absolute beginner lessons or finger picking stuff in strange medieval sounding open tunings.

I'm looking to learn a bit about playing in the flat picking style in standard tuning. Playing traditional rhythm and fiddle tunes is what I'm interested in.

Any pointers for good lessons for a player who is technically proficient in other styles?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4226
    This seems like it might be up your street....he mentions he's got a course on playing backup as well as this fiddle tune course:

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15515
    there's a lot of good resources out there for learning lead playing for fiddle tunes, I've not really found a lot to help with learning rhythm and back up. Best advice I could give would be to just attend a few sessions and absorb the technique by osmosis. For me, playing rhythm, especially for folk and dance/ceilidh is more about feel and getting into the groove than it is about technical ability. I'm not massively lored up about Irish music, but from what little I know, most of the tunes will be in B or C (and associated minors), so learn those chord progressions and the rest will sort itself.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.