Technical advice on faulty Greer pedal

What's Hot
TobyBTobyB Frets: 13
Hi all

was wondering if someone could share their technical know how on a pedal I’ve got that’s playing up.

I have a greer Burning Goat that I bought second hand a few months ago. I had it connected up to an MS3 for a few months  with no issues but I’ve since moved on from that and am now running my pedals individually connected to a walrus Phoenix power supply. The burning  goat has since developed an issue , in that it cuts all the signal when I turn it off and then gradually brings it back. I can’t afford / it’s not worth sending it to the states for a diagnosis so just wondering if this rings a bell with anyone on here or if anyone has suggestions for someone I could send it to for a fix

all the best and Happy new Year to everyone 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TobyBTobyB Frets: 13
    Anyone ? 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    It might be worth pinging the maker an email with the symptoms.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
    If I understand your description correctly, when you step on the switch, instead of going to bypass and letting your dry signal through, it cuts it completely and then it fades back in. It sounds like the switch could be at fault. 

I haven't seen the insides of a Burning Goat, but if it uses the same switch as the Lightspeed, then it's one of those blue 3PDT jobs with nine solder tags. If so, it should be relatively easy to swap out, if you can solder.
  • TobyBTobyB Frets: 13
    If I understand your description correctly, when you step on the switch, instead of going to bypass and letting your dry signal through, it cuts it completely and then it fades back in. It sounds like the switch could be at fault. 

I haven't seen the insides of a Burning Goat, but if it uses the same switch as the Lightspeed, then it's one of those blue 3PDT jobs with nine solder tags. If so, it should be relatively easy to swap out, if you can solder.
    Cheers man, yes it’s the same as The Lightspeed. I was hoping that it was the footswitch as the board looks in top top condition and all joints are good. I’ll order a replacement and put my soldering skills to the test. 
  • I have had a couple used pedals with this symptom and the footswitch may just need a clean if a little too much grease was applied. I sent the second one to the original builder and he said excess grease and dirt cause most of the problems to mechanical parts. It didn't actually need replacing, just taking apart and cleaning. Fine now.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Switch 95% of the time.